Sale of new Petrol & Diesel only cars to be banned from 2035

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
felixkk

Re: Sale of new Petrol & Diesel only cars to be banned from

Post by felixkk »

Last edited by felixkk on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

felixkk wrote:
but please keep this forum open minded, as long as nobody is putting his finger directly on a specified person disgracing him, he is not passing my personal 'red line'.
It has nothing to do with being open minded, and I'm not sure what that means. If someone has a good point, then I'm interested. And you can say many wildly inappropriate things without going after a specific person. If you want I can elaborate, but I'm not sure that is necessary.
Anyway, Adrian thought he might make it to Switzerland this year, if he does I hope we can do a pass or two together and have a beer and chew the fat. I'm sure you'd be welcome to join us, but I must warn you that I'm probably not half as fast as you are (unless you come in your Interceptor, then I might have half a chance)...
Guten Morgen Felix,

I'm absolutely on your side, as senior member you are also responsible for the standard in this forum. And you guys are doing a good job, that's why I'm having fun here. And you're also right, there is more than personal disgrace. But on the other hand - if somebody is saying ...Trump is an idiot..., I'll try to catch the ball mentioning ...quite for sure he is not good for the world, but perhaps for US..., so saying the same but in other words. And look at the funny part of the discussion here about the blond young lady - hey if she is pulling the throttle in my wheel chair named Lotus, I will come easily to 180 (pulse) :lol:
What I like here is that we all are open for discussions not limited to cars, so I like to discuss about climate change, refugees as well as on how to optimize my red Diva. Adrian is a great guy, brilliant engineer from the other side of the world - I like the chat with him.

Thanks for your invitation, let's see how it works this summer, quite for sure we'll take the Jensen - my only car for long journeys, 1000+ km to your place in the Lotus or the GT40 and I will really need a wheel chair. For 2 years I had a residency in Obersaxen, due to my ban to get my driving license back in Germany (guess why I lost it :wink: ), so I deviated again the system with a swiss license :twisted: No I'm having a legal Belgium one - welcome to Europe :D
Let's do together with Adrian a pass tour, quite for sure with interesting discussions...
In beginning of July I'll be a part of a racing team in Le Mans, if this event will not be cancelled, would be a desaster for us because the whole team worked hard on it for now around 3 years! Afterwards a nice trip to Switzerland, enjoying a 'Kas-Fondue' combined with fueltalks?
Are there still some hill climb events in Switzerland?

Again about speed, the tickets I had to pay in my lifetime, including a ban to get a German license back for 15 years, instead you can buy quite for sure a nice little Jensen for the amount spent to the government 8) :lol: :roll:

And if the seniors are inviting us to be a member of JOC, my wife and me will be pleased to think about.
sold yesterday - something for your young ladies? at her age I started my race career
sold yesterday - something for your young ladies? at her age I started my race career
2E9A87EF-3565-409C-B09C-E3CA2FEB180E.jpeg (193.86 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
Have fun in nice old Schwijz
Wolfgang
Jensen Interceptor MKIII convertible
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Lotus Super Seven (Westfield)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Wolfgang wrote: And if the seniors are inviting us to be a member of JOC, my wife and me will be pleased to think about.
You will be very welcome to be a member of the JOC! https://www.joc.org.uk/club/membership/join" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Last edited by felixkk on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Good Morning Felix,

for me you're also a senior member taking responsibility in club and in the forum - my respect.

We have been invited by Chris yesterday, a great honour for us. So I will discuss with my wife Petra, because for us a membership is based on time to spend for and with the club, so events, chats and so on. Actually we're only members in one (more) club.

A hill climb with a Jensen is a nice idea, but your one is more suitable Felix. To do a slide over the rear axle with my 2ton monster will be a challenge for me and my red Diva will scream. On your nice narrow roads my red lady will look like a wale in a bath tub under race conditions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think about your car, some nice Formula 3 tires, some distancers in the back (I may look what is in my fundus), a smaller steering wheel (around 10 I'm having at home, including the Nardi I installed in my Jensen) to give you a better feeling for the road (and feedback), a little bit more air by a progressive air filter, perhaps added by an electric compressor, and you're having a small racer...

This year is Corona restricted, so we're deciding the coming weekend about our participation at Le Mans, now the time and cost intensive phase should start, blocked since today by a home stay obligation in Belgium and not being sure if Le Mans will be cancelled.
The virus is a killer as I got this night from a friend of mine at RKI. The risk of getting infected is about 40%-70%, the death toll may reach up to 10% in so named high risk groups like older aged or suffering on other diseases. We all should be careful. My wife is operating from home, I'll stop the operation of my Garage this afternoon, sending the employees home. For emergency calls of our customers I intend to provide 'home service', means we're driving to the customer, he is depositing the car key, standing some meters in distance, we're wearing gloves and mouth protection, then doing the needed service.

All of us should take care, stay healthy
Your
Wolfgang
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Thank you Wolfgang. I moved the advice for my C-V8 over to the thread on my car: https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 23#p231223" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

0CB372E1-2DC0-4900-98DB-CD2F74DFD29B.jpeg
0CB372E1-2DC0-4900-98DB-CD2F74DFD29B.jpeg (82.78 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
Hey guys,

good news in Corona times - I found an antidot 8)

125cc (approx 2.5 times of the accelerator pump of my Holley in the Jensen), 42hp, max rev 14,500, around 40litres/100km (means my Jensen is a fuel saver), accelerates better than my Ferrari (2,8s to 100km/h) and needs latest all 30hours a new piston...

Have some fun in these days, take care and stay healthy

Your petrolhead Wolfgang
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Our Grand Touring Cars will not be quite so Grand RacerJoe
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

It will never happen. Well, certainly not by 2035.
It's just some propaganda to appease the Green Lobby.
:) :)
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Last edited by felixkk on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

I always got a kick out of the Mad Max movies.

Gasoline is unobtainable, but they are driving around in cars that get about 2 miles to the gallon.

If the movie producers recognized reality – everybody in their movies would be driving a Prius’s and Ford Pintos. But that would not make for a good action-packed Film!

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

But what will happen to the oil that isn't refined in to fuel and plastic?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The drop in world demand for oil as fuel is only temporary.
Whatever happens in the UK is insignificant in global terms.
Screenshot_20200408-151208_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200408-151208_Samsung Internet.jpg (86.75 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

my opinion is that after Corona all these discussions will change completely, we're facing a situation maybe after world war two (I have never faced that, one guy out of the lucky generation facing no wars and in comparision to what will happen now a small economic disturbance called Lehman-crisis). What I learned from my GrandPa and from my parents after WW2 we had 'Holzgaser', means wood carburetor and horses on the road, an unemployment rate of 30%+, we returned to non currency deals - but only 5 years later the golden 50's started...
What will happen this time? Who will be the winner - who the looser? My wife is working home based - more effective as before, Amazon is facing a mega hype - means more logistics, and what about the values we created? real estate, gold, diamonds, stocks, luxury and heritage cars and last but not least cash funds. Will we travel again like before? In which way industry will be redfined - perhaps back to local production? The last 30 years minimum we lived from permanent growth - is this the reality?

Many questions I also have to put to myself in a tremendous time of changement - my life was settled well until to end, now I have to take the challenge - let's hope for the best.

Take care and stay healthy
Wolfgang
Ford GT 40
Ferrari F430 F1 (sold)
Mercedes SLK AMG
and some others...
www.doctors-garage.be
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Wolfgang wrote:my opinion is that after Corona all these discussions will change completely.
Many questions I also have to put to myself in a tremendous time of changement
Wolfgang
We will be facing massive pressure to conform with whatever measures or narratives governments decide are good for us.
(Even if they are ridiculous, such as banning gas heating.)
We already see such strange things as Justin Trudeau praising Communist China because it can "Get things done."
Without pesky democracy getting in the way.
It's called a 'Technocracy' where unelected bureaucrats call the shots. You already have this in China & the EU.
We are being pushed into a cashless society.
Sweden largely has it already.
Education will indoctrinate, not educate. You will be discouraged from thinking for yourself. It's already happening.
I fear that China's Social Credit system will be imposed upon us, step by step. Incremental changes that people grudgingly accept one small step at a time. Once you accept that boys can be girls and girls can be boys, you'll accept anything.
Google, "China's Social Credit System." if you don't know anything about it.
And on YouTube, "Why China's Social Credit System Is Worse Than You Think."
Last edited by AH1951 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”