LEARJET A250 PLASTIC TRIM.

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Tonyb66

LEARJET A250 PLASTIC TRIM.

Post by Tonyb66 »

HI ALL ,I ASKED A WHILE AGO IF ANYONE KNEW ANYTHING OR ANYONE WHO COULD 3D PRINT AS I NEEDED A TRIM PIECE FOR AN 8 TRACK.IWAS PUT IN TOUCH WITH AN OLD JOC MEMBER CALLED DEREK CHAPMAN WHO VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO DO CAD DRAWINGS SO I COULD GET IT PRINTED.IVE SINCE GOT A NEIGHBOUR TO PRINT THEM AND HAVE GOTTA SAY A HUGE THANK YOU TO DAOEREK AS ITS COME OUT BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE HOPED.THE ONLY BIT THAT HASNT COME OUT IS THE ROUGH FINISH BUT IM GUNNA PAINT IT WITH A PLASTICOTE ROUGH FINISH. DEREK HAS DONE THE DRAWINGS FREE OF CHARGE SO IF ANYONE HAS A LEARJET WITHOUT THE TRIM PM ME AND ILL SEND THEM IF YOU WANT TO GET THEM PRINTED TOO.IVE ADDED PICS SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOULL BE GETTING.HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE PRINTING IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE DRAWINGS SO THANKS AGAIN DEREK, THOROUGHLY NICE BLOKE.
Attachments
IMG_6780.JPG
IMG_6780.JPG (76.37 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
IMG_6779.JPG
IMG_6779.JPG (143.19 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
IMG_6781.JPG
IMG_6781.JPG (170.58 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
johnw

Re: LEARJET A250 PLASTIC TRIM.

Post by johnw »

Very nice indeed. Perhaps you could sand the surface with wet and dry paper to get a finish? And/or use a feint dust of matt black spray paint or whatever you wanted? You could use plastic car bumper primer if the paint came off, but I bet it would stick if done in several very thin dust like coats. I would ask the 3D printer person for a scrap/failed print of anything to try sanding/painting on.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Grant

Post by Grant »

johnw wrote:Very nice indeed. Perhaps you could sand the surface with wet and dry paper to get a finish? And/or use a feint dust of matt black spray paint or whatever you wanted? You could use plastic car bumper primer if the paint came off, but I bet it would stick if done in several very thin dust like coats. I would ask the 3D printer person for a scrap/failed print of anything to try sanding/painting on.
John.. Tony wanted the rough finish, not the other way round :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Tonyb66 wrote: AN OLD JOC MEMBER CALLED DEREK CHAPMAN WHO VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO DO CAD DRAWINGS SO I COULD GET IT PRINTED. SO THANKS AGAIN DEREK, THOROUGHLY NICE BLOKE.
TonyImage.. Derek helped me once too with something.. I sent him a bottle of whiskyImage, he loved itImage, not sure his wife loved me for it thoughImage, apparently when the whiskey arrived at his house his wife took delivery and Image
No, not really...I did send him whiskey but the bit about the wife I just made upImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

GOTB TO SAY IT GRANT I LOVE YOUR POSTS , I TOO ASKED WHAT TIPPLE HE LIKE AND HE TOLD ME HE WAS CUTTING BACK AND HE ENJOYED DOING IT , GREAT BLOKE, BIT LIKE YOURSELF
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

just a quick update ,have sanded and painted with bumper paint to get rough finish and think overall looks good . ive a neighbour whos got a printer and hes willing to print them off for £20 . Have added a pic of mine but you could paint with whatever you wanted,.
Attachments
IMG_6831.JPG
IMG_6831.JPG (108.79 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
IMG_6830.JPG
IMG_6830.JPG (160.57 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
IMG_6829.JPG
IMG_6829.JPG (124.83 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

I'm pleased Derek was able to help you. He is a top bloke for sure
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

If you needed the original vinyl crinkle finish, it might be possible to find some scrap vinyl and heavily press it into the almost-dry paint just as it "set", then peel it off again. Worth experimenting if you care that much! It looks great as it is though.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Grant

Post by Grant »

It looks really cool TonyImage.. Well done my Ole FruitImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
wgrubbs

Post by wgrubbs »

Hi,
I am restoring my 1973 Int III (VIN 140/8233) and need one of these plastic trim bezels. Actually, in case of breakage, I probably need two!
How do I order them?
Thanks in advance,
William Andrew (Andy) Grubbs
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
USA

Return to “General Discussion”