a memory of autumn leaves

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
kenny38

a memory of autumn leaves

Post by kenny38 »

I was attending a small "old" car gathering recently. Among the ,mostly, average vehicles present was a 1951 Humber Super Snipe. I curiously inspected this car and the owner tried to sell it to me.It was in poor condition. I told him quite casually it was a shite box.
My interest,though, was way back in the 50's myself and a friend were"given" holidays in North Wales as one way of East End lads seeing where the milk came from as well as bulls and cows.
I remember it was a hot summer and my mate and I would go to a semi circular beach with a small village attached called as I remember , Caemas Bay (?) We were about 15 or thereabouts and possibly then called OICKS(?) On this particular day we walked the beach in search of lost purses or handbags. There was a small fishing boat run up the beach attended by a lad about 17 but blond, tanned and very "cut". We walked on and saw a couple of young girls in skimpy costumes, about our age. having got to the introduction stage we decided to go to the grass on top of the cliff. My mate "picked" one and they took off into the bushes leaving me with a flaming red head, lith young figure who had eyes only for the boat boy below. She had a very funny accent which I found later to be very upper class (Roedean) Eventually we stopped her resisting and me trying and just lay there in the warm sun entirely relaxed. She sang The Autumn Leaves to me in soft erotic French. I had never met or heard anyone like her. I was totally smitten and all dreams of one day owning an XK120 went away. Suddenly a large Humber pulled up and a man with the same accent yelled at his daughter to get away from him (me) and "where is your sister?" Well he went into the bushes and I heard lots of squealing and she then appeared minus costume and with her sister got into the car and left. Appears I picked the wrong girl as my mate told me the girl and he were "having it off, right royal we wuz but couldn't finish because HE arrived and spoiled everyfing....know what I mean"?. We learnt something that day about class and where we sat in the scheme of things. The main thing as I remember was that at no time did the father look at me, I was invisible as was my mate. We were nothing. Today, seeing a Humber Super Snipe or hearing The Autumn Leaves invokes memories of innocence and a brief introduction into our early teenage passion for the fruit far to high on the branch.
Kenny38
RockyUSA

Re: a memory of autumn leaves

Post by RockyUSA »

Was it this one?

What an interesting Christmas Story!
Attachments
Kenny's Humber Super Snipe
Kenny's Humber Super Snipe
Kennys_Humber_Super_Snipe_4086cc_1952.jpg (207.22 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Thank you, Rocky. That's the one! Wishes for you to have a happy, healthy new year. kenny38 :D
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Well, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.... :shock:

Return to “General Discussion”