A WARM GOODBYE TO ANDREW CASSAR

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: A WARM GOODBYE TO ANDREW CASSAR

Post by Grant »

John Staddon wrote:JML made 10 manual C-V8s. I'm not aware that Andrew bought any of them, but 113/2366 sold recently (grey with a red interior) and I wonder if Andrew bought it, if he did he didn't tell me but I don't know who did buy it and it was the sort of car Andrew would buy.John
If it was a manual one John just before Christmas then yes, that would be the one, his words to me were "Its a shall and a box of bits".. he knew that CV8's weren't my thing really but rang about it just for the manual side of it...I'll see it within the next week and so can let you know of the chassis number :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
johnw

Post by johnw »

I spoke to Andrew on the phone a couple of times but we never met. The last communication was by email, and he told me too that the engine was the least I needed to worry about when I emailed him about an FF! I was also good friends with the late Mike Grant who I often think about, who owned a few Jensens, a Mk2 tested by the FT in a 1994 motoring article [the first time I heard about a "4wd Interceptor"], a convertible he restored that won the JOC concourse, and some other toys. When I met Mike, he owned an FF bought off Andrew, and I had an FF that I believe Frank had taken in to Medway Interceptors to swap for a CV8. Most likely some other Jensens were involved in that story. Between the family, they had owned a lot of the Jensens in the London area at one time or another!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
archie
The Mild Child

Post by archie »

i had the pleasure of knowing andrew through selling him parts and had many a deal selling him cars i never had one problem with any deal we did in fact i brought a interceptor mk3 from holland and i sold it to andrew i told him the price i wanted and he took delivery of the said jensen and a day later i get a phone call from andrew saying he had put another £500 into my bank as he thought i had sold it him to cheap nothing was ever a problem top bloke i only spoke to andrew the day before he passed away i was so shocked so RIP Andy sadly missed

Return to “General Discussion”