Information on whereabouts of former racing Jensen-Healey

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Bob Heydon

Information on whereabouts of former racing Jensen-Healey

Post by Bob Heydon »

I have recently been asked by a Mr Robin Liddell if anyone can assist in tracing the whereabouts of his father's Jensen-Healey.

Mr Liddell's father (now deceased) was in partnership with Tom Sleigh in the Scottish Jensen dealership "Jenscot" with outlets in Edinburgh and Glasgow in the early 1970s.
During the time of the dealership he raced a white Jensen Healey registration KEA 103K on the Scottish circuits.
After the dealership went into administration the JH was sold off and the last owner Mr Liddell could trace and speak to was a Mr Willie Struthers who bought the car in 1976 and sold it on in 1978. Unfortunately he cannot remember to whom he sold it.The Healey was modified for racing most obviously with the body being widened.

Does anyone remember this car being raced or better still has anyone any idea as to whether it still exists?
If it does still exist does anyone know where it is?

I can't find the car listed on the Registrars or JOC database. Can someone with access to a chassis data book please check if the car is listed and let me know the chassis number and any other information.

If anyone has any information regarding the car please let me know and I'll pass it on.

Many thanks,
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar
JH MK1 11988
JH Mk2 16813
1950 LE Vellocette Mk1
JOC 2059
Clive Bishop

Re: Information on whereabouts of former racing Jensen-Heale

Post by Clive Bishop »

Hi Rob,

According to Richards recent Gnome book, KEA 103K was passed off on 05/04/1972 (I have engine & chassis number if you need). However there is a note alongside the entry which then reads:

"A RHD prototype registered 05/04/72 and invoiced to Jenscot on 14/06/74 for £400. The car was subsequently modified by that dealership and used for racing. Its chassis number is recorded later in the Non Productive Jobs regiater as 55009. The original engine was auctioned in the disposal of factory assets in 08/76 alongwith a unfinished GT."

So engine was taken out so what happened to the rest of it there is no mention.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Bob Heydon

Re: Information on whereabouts of former racing Jensen-Heale

Post by Bob Heydon »

Hi Clive,

That's very helpful thank you.

All the best,
Rob Heydon
J-H and GT Registrar