20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Fishyboy
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 pm
Location: Andover, Hampshire

20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi all
In today's Classic Car Weekly (20/11/2019) Steve Berry chooses the top 20 Coolest British Classics. At no 20 is a Tangerine Jensen Interceptor Reg NLG714L (who owns this one?). If it wasn't for Mike and Bernie Winters owning one it would have been higher up the list!
Phil
Attachments
IMG_4859.JPG
IMG_4859.JPG (201.57 KiB) Viewed 11081 times
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
2005 Jaguar XK8
cannonball
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: CREWE

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by cannonball »

That will be John carriers, a cracking SP with big power , 8) 8) 8)
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
VFK44
Co-Administrator
Posts: 7727
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:04 pm
Location: Epping Essex UK
Contact:

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by VFK44 »

Who's going to tell them that it's not actually an Interceptor? :oops:
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."
Sir Winston Churchill
cannonball
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: CREWE

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by cannonball »

VFK44 wrote:Who's going to tell them that it's not actually an Interceptor? :oops:
Yes why do they do that, them geezers at historics have put mine down as a Jensen interceptor ff mk1 :roll: :roll:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
User avatar
jvcarrier
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:20 pm
Location: The Shires

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by jvcarrier »

I will have a gentle word with classic car weekly.

Regards
John
User avatar
Pymmie
Posts: 2653
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Newton Abbot , Devon

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by Pymmie »

Phil (Fishyboy),

Thought you might of recognised it , it was blasting around Devon in
front of you a few months back !

John P
Mk3 Int 128/4451 - SW Area Rep (Devon/Cornwall)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
cannonball
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: CREWE

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by cannonball »

Pymmie wrote:Phil (Fishyboy),

Thought you might of recognised it , it was blasting around Devon in
front of you a few months back !

John P

Is that right :shock: bloody hell phil get on clock matey, mind you I doubt Old Grant noticed it as it has alloy wheels n not rostyles, :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
User avatar
Fishyboy
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 pm
Location: Andover, Hampshire

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi all,
How embarrassing!
My only excuse was my wipers were playing up and it was raining a lot.
Phil
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
2005 Jaguar XK8
User avatar
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary
Posts: 5789
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 am
Location: South West London

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by Chris_R »

cannonball wrote:
VFK44 wrote:Who's going to tell them that it's not actually an Interceptor? :oops:
Yes why do they do that, them geezers at historics have put mine down as a Jensen interceptor ff mk1 :roll: :roll:
Don't knock it too much. Most people know the Jensen Interceptor, few know the distinction between an Interceptor, an FF and an SP and believe the other 2 are Interceptor variants.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Grant
Posts: 4017
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 pm
Location: surrey

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:mind you I doubt Old Grant noticed it as it has alloy wheels n not rostyles,
Image
Nothing gets passed me DuncImage.. If you may remind yourself or even remember it was the 1st car I spotted at yours that timeImage
I also spotted it immediately when John opened the back of the trailer and I only saw the number plate.. but I never actually got around to speak to John that weekend which I have kicked myself about ever sinceImage
Manual Int & Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Image
cannonball
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: CREWE

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
cannonball wrote:mind you I doubt Old Grant noticed it as it has alloy wheels n not rostyles,
Image
Nothing gets passed me DuncImage.. If you may remind yourself or even remember it was the 1st car I spotted at yours that timeImage
I also spotted it immediately when John opened the back of the trailer and I only saw the number plate.. but I never actually got around to speak to John that weekend which I have kicked myself about ever sinceImage

And so you should John n Sue are top people loaded but no airs n graces what so ever my type of people :wink: :wink: :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38
Posts: 673
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Australia

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by kenny38 »

If, God forbid, you plan to sell your vehicle do not just say JensenFF (Mk 1,2,3, Or Jensen SP. WE know the difference but there are punters out there who only care about the name......Interceptor!! They could care less about the varients. It really doesn't matter that we might be offended because WE know :shock: the difference. When selling, unless via the Forum or mag, go for an understanding of the reasonable man on the no 9 bus to Clapham.He wants that lovely car called an interceptor. Pundits will read all the other stuff and probably won't have the money.
Leave your "know it all and gasp, quelle horreur!" at the door when advertising. Cannonball.....did your lovely
Interceptor SP sell? or has it not come up yet? Kenny38 :D
User avatar
Fishyboy
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 pm
Location: Andover, Hampshire

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi all,
More embarrassing than not recognising John's car, or that it was an SP, I also failed to notice that it was also on the front page of Classic Car Weekly!
Sorry john.
Phil
Attachments
IMG_4865 copy.jpg
IMG_4865 copy.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 10890 times
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
2005 Jaguar XK8
cannonball
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:08 pm
Location: CREWE

Re: 20 Coolest British Classics in CCW - Interceptor NLG714L

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:If, God forbid, you plan to sell your vehicle do not just say JensenFF (Mk 1,2,3, Or Jensen SP. WE know the difference but there are punters out there who only care about the name......Interceptor!! They could care less about the varients. It really doesn't matter that we might be offended because WE know :shock: the difference. When selling, unless via the Forum or mag, go for an understanding of the reasonable man on the no 9 bus to Clapham.He wants that lovely car called an interceptor. Pundits will read all the other stuff and probably won't have the money.
Leave your "know it all and gasp, quelle horreur!" at the door when advertising. Cannonball.....did your lovely
Interceptor SP sell? or has it not come up yet? Kenny38 :D

Ita a mad world Kenny son,they want interceptor, I just want the words Jensen SP as its the governer no matter how you slant it,, FF under the hammer Saturday,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”