Michael Groves

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Michael Groves

Post by John Staddon »

Does anyone know anything of Michael Groves, chairman of the British Automobile Racing Club for 30 years? I ask as he was also the M H Groves who bought C-V8 112/2375 as a new car in 1966. The internet has almost nothing, except that he resigned all of his directorships on the 20th May 2009, he was a 2nd Lt in the RASC in 1950 (National Service probably), he owned a Jaguar XK150 (now sold) and he once farted in a lift (honestly, I found that little gem on Facebook). Often, when a director of more than one company resigns from them all on the same date, that's the date they died, but if he was dead there would surely be an obituary, or appreciation of some sort, to be found on the net but there is nothing, that I can find. I realise the BARC would be a good place to start investigating further but the BARC website can't be reached.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
Keith

Re: Michael Groves

Post by Keith »

John Staddon wrote:I realise the BARC would be a good place to start investigating further but the BARC website can't be reached.

https://www.barc.net/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tel: 01264 882200
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

Thanks Keith, still unreachable, except on my mobile phone, so the problem seems to be at my end.

John
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
Keith

Post by Keith »

John Staddon wrote:Thanks Keith, still unreachable, except on my mobile phone, so the problem seems to be at my end.

John
The web site is working perfectly fine. But even so, the main thing you need for your research is their telephone number, which I've included above.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

I have received a message from a lady called Emma, whose partner is Michael Groves' nephew, to say that Michael died on the 2nd February, one more of the first owners of the C-V8s to pass away, sadly there aren't many left now.

John
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334

Return to “General Discussion”