Full page article Jensen Intercept/Cropredy Sunday Telegraph

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Full page article Jensen Intecept/Copredy Sunday Telegra

Post by Grant »

ImageAdrian.. Felix wants youImage.. AdrianImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Or maybe he wants 10x more vehicles on the roads of Indonesia, just like we have here?
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

If you had no fuel duty and no VAT on petrol or diesel fuel in the UK, its price would be about 42p/litre.

People are wising up to the ridiculous, fraudulent Carbon Dioxide scare, so the new demon is now Nitrogen Oxide.
Mark Rutte, PM of the Netherlands, is kindly introducing 100 kph speed limits to take care of this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50396037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)
Last edited by AH1951 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Hi Adrian, thanks for the PM, good to hear from you! Sorry but I just could not resist a bit of pulling of the leg. As usual we don't necessarily share the exact identical view on things... :D Take care!
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

felixkk wrote:Hi Adrian, thanks for the PM, good to hear from you! Sorry but I just could not resist a bit of pulling of the leg. As usual we don't necessarily share the exact identical view on things... :D Take care!
Felix, if you are talking about the Global Warming religion, I would welcome some e-mails from you about it.
As I told Harry & Meghan last month, "I'm so impressed by your lecturing us peasants about Climate Change that I'm going to give up driving, give up flying, and give up eating meat - the day after you do!"
:D :D :D
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Grant, old man. Can you tell me if the bonnet will close if I fit an eight stack weber set up?
Kenny38 8)
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

AH1951 wrote:People are wising up to the ridiculous, fraudulent Carbon Dioxide scare
Although this thread has wandered all over the place from the original post I have to step in on this question.
The Carbon Dioxide scare is not fraudulent, it is real. The science of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere affecting global temperatures is not new. An excellent BBC programme presented by 3 mathematicians questioned all the work surrounding this whole area and explained it in quite simple terms. Check out "Climate Change by Numbers", first shown in 2015 and shown again last night on BBC4.
The presenters are not climate change scientists and boil it down to three numbers, 0.85 degrees, 95% and 1 trillion tons.
0.85 degrees is the average temperature increase in the earth since 1880. 95% is the probability that human activity has caused this increase. 1 trillion tons is the calculation of the amount of carbon that could be burned to cause an average 2 degrees temperature increase globally. The mathematicians challenge each of these numbers and then answer that challenge.
It's a 75 minute program, now available on the BBC iPlayer (for the next 29 days). Well worth watching if you can get it.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Nice article on Cropredy who are really investing in the future of the marque.

I was lucky enough to meet Leah and Matt recently and they seem really nice people as well. Wishing them the best of luck developing the business and the service they provide to Jensen owners new and old.

Stuart
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Thank you Chris, for 'stepping in' and putting us all right, well, me anyway, on the CO2 question.
I'm glad that's settled.
:)
Grant

Post by Grant »

kenny38 wrote:Grant, old man. Can you tell me if the bonnet will close if I fit an eight stack weber set up?
Kenny38 8)
Kenny My Ole Fruit BatImage
It's tight and a load of grief you wouldn't want, if you use an 8 stack of Weber IDF's you have the mill down the velocity stacks to make enough room, this isn't really good as you want them longer really not shorter, there was chap that done it on his 440 and I believe he needed to get more air in, the worst thing you can do is not have enough air.. you need more not less, it really means fabrication of the air intake,here is a couple of pics of the IDFs on his 440 Interceptor >>>
Eight Pack.jpg
Eight Pack.jpg (128.89 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
Idfs on Jensen with Air filters.jpg
Idfs on Jensen with Air filters.jpg (80.66 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
so really some sort of ram air system mounted under the bonnet or some air intakes like this >>
Trumpets.jpg
Trumpets.jpg (220.56 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
Obviously these are a work of art and not something you can buy off of the shelf, so alot of expense, or if you can find someone to make them and no body else is around you could tryImage and see if he will make them to suit your budgetImage
The other option would be to copy or ask Joerg to make you one like he designed on his CNC which is an absolute work of artImage, but I believe this was also very expensive and fitted on his CV8, so unsure if it will fit an Interceptor >>
Joerg 8 stack intake filter.jpg
Joerg 8 stack intake filter.jpg (89.92 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
Joerg 8 stack intake filter.jpg 1.jpg
Joerg 8 stack intake filter.jpg 1.jpg (61.34 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
Nothing's that simple Kenny My Ole FruitImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

who does that intake Grantchester ????
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38

Re: Full page article Jensen Intercept/Cropredy Sunday Teleg

Post by kenny38 »

Grant, my old mate. Thank you for those beautiful pics. I think you are right in saying i am opening my self to a world of pain if I go webers. Best go to 6 pack again. What are your thoughts on climate change? says he sitting in a smoke filled place waiting for the next blaze. Worst bush fires ever and the worst drought ever. If someone has breathing difficulties then they have real trouble. Have to say though that there have been weather changes over the centuries. I.E.It was so cold in the mini European ice age in the 16-1700's that the river thames froze so fairs were held on it. Earlier in medieval times there was a warmer period of a couple of hundred years. Anyone who says our weather isn't changing should take a visit to Antartica where the ice sheets are melting. kenny38 :shock:
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:who does that intake Grantchester ????
As always China are in on it DuncyMan, cheap at 550$ >>>
>>
IDF Mopar Inlet.jpg
IDF Mopar Inlet.jpg (114.58 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
>>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-DODGE ... 2347713607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hilborn do one too but obviously proper money Dunc.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Re: Full page article Jensen Intercept/Cropredy Sunday Teleg

Post by Grant »

kenny38 wrote:Grant, my old mate. Have to say though that there have been weather changes over the centuries. I.E.It was so cold in the mini European ice age in the 16-1700's that the river thames froze so fairs were held on it. Earlier in medieval times there was a warmer period of a couple of hundred years. Anyone who says our weather isn't changing should take a visit to Antartica where the ice sheets are melting. kenny38 :shock:
I think the good thing about climate change Kenny is that we can turn the heating down at last indoors and the Mr's will still be warm during the winterImage, that's a big positiveImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Steve Payne wrote:I believe Brazil has pure Ethanol fuel at there pumps already and has done for many years. How practical it is to turn so much agricultural land over to growing crops for this I don't know here in Europe.

My guess is they will dilute fossil fuels down with Ethanol more and more until an expectable balance is found.

As much as the Greens and the environmentalist want the use of Fossil fuel to stop I expect the economies of the world will take more importance unless a viable alternative is found. Air travel comes to mind as something that will have to be restricted or cleaned up. There was something on the news recently about the amount of carbon air travel produces. The numbers were huge, something like 100g per person per km flown. When you think there are approximately half a million people flying all the time no wonder we have a problem.

Steve
Steve,
The 'problem' is purely imaginary.
Air travel accounts for about 3% of mankind's CO2 emissions.
Temperature rise has been about 1 Centigrade degree over the last 140 years. Insignificant. And there's no provable link between that temperature rise and CO2 increase.
CO2 is essential to life, a trace gas, comprising 0.04% of the atmosphere.
And there's been no temperature rise over the last 21 years.
All this rubbish about Global Warming/Climate Change/Extreme Weather is a huge fraud/scare story designed to suck hundreds of billions of dollars from the pockets of gullible working people in western countries and transfer them to the elite. (Al Gore only has a $300 million fortune.)
Such activities as Carbon Trading, Carbon Pricing, Carbon Offsetting, Carbon Capture and Sequestration, and Carbon Taxes have Zero impact upon the atmosphere or the climate
They provide a poor excuse to tax us further and control us.
They severely damage our economy. And help China, among others.
The left-wing culturally-Marxist BBC is complicit in this and promotes it to the exclusion of allowing an opposing point of view.
Michael Mann's 'Hockey-Stick' temperature graph, so much loved by the UN-controlled IPCC, has been proven to be a fraud.
But besides all this, the UK emits about 1% of man's CO2 emissions so even if there were a problem, nothing the UK does will make any difference. None.
China has about another 300 NEW coal-fired power stations under construction up to 2030.
They are not going to be so stupid as to jeopardize their own industry.
They are laughing at us.

Regardless of whether we are experiencing man-made or natural warming, we may be able to adapt.
A higher average temperature in the UK might even be a good thing. Reduced heating bills, better for growing crops.
The ignorant emotionally-charged repugnant factually-incorrect propaganda being voiced by a 16-year-old puppet has no impact upon my lifestyle.
-------------------
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Return to “General Discussion”