Full page article Jensen Intercept/Cropredy Sunday Telegraph

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Full page article Jensen Intecept/Copredy Sunday Telegra

Post by Grant »

felixkk wrote:That's what I like about this forum, within one thread people making thoughtful posts on the future of our planet while others are simultaneously making equally thoughtful comments on how to make the engine more gung ho... : :D
Well yesImage.. that's me I guess, the latter comment is aimed at Felix?.. :oops: :oops: .... :lol:... I'm Mr Gung Ho am IImage...Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Grant wrote:I made this intake for a set of 3 Downdrafts Weber 42's, we designed them to feed this 440 running the outboard 2 sets together using both chokes in each from idle and then at the middle pair to come in around 4k revs and pull it around to 5.5K revs.. I can adjust the time the centre one comes into play.. but.. I am a little suspect about the height still though
That's the opposite to the standard SP setup where only the centre carb is fully used most of the time and the 2 outers only come in when there is sufficient vacuum to open them.
If this was installed though in a car you would want to ensure that the middle pair do have a constant flow of fuel through them otherwise they might gum up. Even though the outers on the SP aren't in use most of the time there is still an amount of fuel flowing through them (as far as I know).
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

Chris_R wrote: If this was installed though in a car you would want to ensure that the middle pair do have a constant flow of fuel through them otherwise they might gum up. Even though the outers on the SP aren't in use most of the time there is still an amount of fuel flowing through them (as far as I know).
That's a good point ChrisImage, a size 9 right boot filled with lead springs to mindImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Grant wrote: Well yesImage.. that's me I guess, the latter comment is aimed at Felix?.. :oops: :oops: .... :lol:... I'm Mr Gung Ho am IImage...Image
well, yes Image... :D
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Hi, Grant. Thanks for those pics. Looks excellent. can I ask will the bonnet close OK when webers fitted? All this could be academic if the bush fires sweep through. I shall stay with the SP until the end. Do you make much noise when you sneak them out during the night perhaps waking the missus? I suppose it's better than brown bowler hats and raincoats under there.(see updated and revised Karma Sutra. Page 43. Available any good book seller). Is this off topic? :D Kenny38
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

OK totally off topic now:

6 is not enough _ go for 8 stacks!

Mine:
Attachments
CBEFC6D5-F4AF-4E34-BBCB-7520BE22CDE4.jpeg
CBEFC6D5-F4AF-4E34-BBCB-7520BE22CDE4.jpeg (109.94 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
3810772C-8B19-417C-8B66-5DE1DC15FEA6.jpeg
3810772C-8B19-417C-8B66-5DE1DC15FEA6.jpeg (177.83 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
Grant

Post by Grant »

Joerg wrote:OK totally off topic now:
6 is not enough _ go for 8 stacks!Mine:
That was and is such a beautiful set-up Joerg..But.. very expensive I know.. stunningly magnificent.. But you know that anyway!! :D
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

The result of too much thinking during the six year restoration - I would never do anything like this again. Kind of hot rod and it drives like an old race car ( which is great fun even on long distance - as long as my better half isn’t on the passenger seat ). Now with a well tuned SP in my stable I know it could be done in a civilised way :D
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

could not read the article from the photo or find it online.
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I Love Webber’s the true 6 Pack is then 6 of them on a 265 long nose GTC Ferrari.
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

I find it very sad that Climate Hysteria has infected our political class, but then they are technically illiterate.
Aiming for Zero Carbon by 2050 and declaring there is a 'Climate Emergency' as Theresa May did, is the pinnacle of idiocy.
Man-made Climate-Change is the greatest fraud in the world.
(Petrol is 42p/litre where I live.)
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Indonesia is ranked 117th worldwide in vehicles per capita- 87 vehicles per 1000 people. We in Switzerland (and in the UK also) have almost 10 times that...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... prov=sfti1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Then you can also compare the average income in Indonesia to that in other countries- the price of gasoline is relative to the average income much higher than here in Switzerland for example.

https://www.worlddata.info/average-income.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Grant

Post by Grant »

AH1951 wrote:I find it very sad that Climate Hysteria has infected our political class, but then they are technically illiterate.
Aiming for Zero Carbon by 2050 and declaring there is a 'Climate Emergency' as Theresa May did, is the pinnacle of idiocy.
Man-made Climate-Change is the greatest fraud in the world.
(Petrol is 42p/litre where I live.)
I believe it is a scam of the highest order too AdrianImage
Are they going to ground all aeroplanes too thenImagemaybe they will electric? No need to reply to my comment actually as I don't really like getting involved in all this caperImage.. I love the petrol combustion engine too muchImage.. and also I believe making and charging electric vehicles causes just as many problems anywayImage..& with that..I'm out>>>Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

It was my understanding that Adrian was arguing that the price of gasoline should be approx £4.20/l in the UK, just like in Indonesia (relative to the income). Correct me though if I'm wrong...
Felix Kistler
JOC 9465

Return to “General Discussion”