A kind Gift From Britboy

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

A kind Gift From Britboy

Post by Grant »

A huge thank you to Jim(BritBoy) there in Canada who so kindly gave me his unwanted lovely Mk3 steering wheel as a gift.. what a lovely kind gesture.. many thanks JimboManImage& another Image
God Bless you Jim for your kindness.. it will be treasured with all my other steering wheel collection/Fetish!! :oops: :P >>>
>>>
DSC08240.JPG
DSC08240.JPG (139.53 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
With my kind regards.........
GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Andy Hamblin

Re: A kind Gift From Britboy

Post by Andy Hamblin »

lovely old typewriter on your desk Grant. Perhaps you should update it to one of these :D
USB-Royal-Typewriter.jpg
USB-Royal-Typewriter.jpg (68.08 KiB) Viewed 5633 times
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
Grant

Post by Grant »

Andy Hamblin wrote:lovely old typewriter on your desk Grant. Perhaps you should update it to one of these :D
USB-Royal-Typewriter.jpg
Hahahaha... brilliant Andy :lol: :wink:
The house is full of these dust trapsImage, no more needed Andy thank youImage, on another note.. All steering wheels welcome!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Grant,
It's just dawned upon me who you remind me of.
He was a bit eccentric too.
And he was full of praise for the Jensen FF.
aaaaaa.jpg
aaaaaa.jpg (8.52 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Grant

Post by Grant »

AH1951 wrote:Grant,
It's just dawned upon me who you remind me of.
He was a bit eccentric too.
And he was full of praise for the Jensen FF.
Hello AdrianImage, Great to hear from you after what seems so long :cry: .. People have said before that I am eccentric and I don't really fully know what it means, so never sure if it's good or badImage.. so I'll just be happy with it, although I wouldn't be offended if it's bad anywayImage
I hope I do look like that man when I am old.. well I am old now look>>Image, so should I say olderImage, he looks kinda cool to meImage.. Who is it Adrian please?.. tell him to pop round and have a tup a Tea here.. I could try his hat onImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

aaabc.jpg
aaabc.jpg (7.28 KiB) Viewed 5516 times
L.J.K. Setright.
Famous author and motoring correspondent.
Died in 2005.
Google him and you'll find lots of interesting books and articles what he wrote.
:)
aaab.jpg
aaab.jpg (15.92 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

I was thinking of LJK Setright too!

I enjoyed reading his musings in Car magazine in the 70s and 80s.

He, unlike Grant didn't like the Interceptor though!....

The car which gave us most furiously cause to think was Jensen’s 1966 prodigy, the FF. Was ever a car more eloquent in its demonstration of more things than it set out to show? The staggering improvements offered by its sensitively modulated four-wheel-drive system in handling, in road holding, in traction, in anti-lock braking and in overall safety, were comprehensively proved. The conventional two-wheel-drive Interceptor was by contrast a rotten car, but it looked almost identical to the FF and no less handsome, and was a lot cheaper – so people brought the Interceptor, which should never have been put on the market at all....
JOC Member 10887
Per

Post by Per »

In all honesty the Interceptor on original crossplies was a handfull. I have tried it and in the wet it was a bit scary. That said so was everything else even mildly powerful. The Interceptor was more forgiving than say a Jag S-Type on the same tyres. I enjoyed LJKS's writing too, books and columns alike that I read from the 70ies onwards.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)

Return to “General Discussion”