sheds and workshops

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

Re: sheds and workshops

Post by colin7673 »

shaun wrote:May I just add a note of caution to this particular thread.

A JOC member a few months back had his garage security compromised and the Convertible was removed.

I assume that those who undertook this travesty had knowledge of what they were looking for and where to find it.

Posting photos of one's excellent storage and maintenance facilities including views of other adjacent vehicles may not be the most sensible thing to do.

Just a thought.
Can I also add it's making those that don't have this type of space really envious
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Grant

Post by Grant »

colin7673 wrote: Can I also add it's making those that don't have this type of space really envious
Colin, When I was a kid, I went to a place with my parents, it must of been a friend of my Dads, it was big land with a house and a barn, I remembered opening the barn and in there was an old dusty car in there, I knew at the time it was not the normal sort of set up we all knew and lived in, and I always remembered it as being something I wanted to strive for, it was a lot of work and time to find it get it and afford, I then had to build the outbuildings.. I really love it here but am surrounded in work and jobs here that I now know I will never get done in my life time no matter how hard I try.. that is quite frustrating but keeps me going everyday :? .. everything needs constant maintenance and so it really is hard work having a large place with land and all the stuff you accumulate when you do have it, sometimes I wonder if I would prefer a simple life.. But I guess I wouldn't have it any other wayImage.. If you don't hear from me for a while on here, I'm probably collapsed up the top corner never to be seen again!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Grant, what are those white cabinets, one with a glass circular window in them? I've not seen one of those before, let alone two!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Grant

Post by Grant »

Martin R wrote:Grant, what are those white cabinets, one with a glass circular window in them? I've not seen one of those before, let alone two!
Well.. If you ever adopt Rag OCD Mart then you will need themImage, the procedure is this>> remove a rag that you will find folded up in the rag cupboard/storage facility, wipe any surface with it, or you hands or even car body work, then place it in the white cabinet on the left, switch on and when you hear a bleep put it in the right cabinet.. when that bleeps.. remove it, fold it, and put it back in the rag cupboard, the result should be as such>>
>>
DSC08311.JPG
DSC08311.JPG (161.45 KiB) Viewed 4273 times
DSC08312.JPG
DSC08312.JPG (116.78 KiB) Viewed 4273 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

I have always had a bit of an obsession with RagImage... I remember a few years ago my daughters boyfriend was always hanging around in my barn seeing what I was up-to.. too bloody nosy but I liked himImage, anyway.. I was sorting out my rag cupboard and had some really soft old tee shirt in there, my fave, :P .. I said to him "look at that" and made him feel it, he then looked at me & seemed bewildered.. I said to him "Look & Feel that.. that is a really beautiful bit of Rag".. he didn't understand :? .. nothing stranger than folk!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Ceiling height perhaps a tad low Grant, but otherwise ppppppperfect :lol:
Grant

Post by Grant »

Mark1Stu wrote:Ceiling height perhaps a tad low Grant, but otherwise ppppppperfect :lol:
ImageYes I know StuPot, I had to keep the planning officer happy but he came and went a good few years ago now, so.. I have 3.5m to the ridge.. it's tight for the ramp I am about to install but being on the opposite end of the scale to you with leg length I think I can just about make use at the highest point of the ridgeImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

A Miracle !
Grant wrote:
Martin R wrote:Grant, what are those white cabinets, one with a glass circular window in them? I've not seen one of those before, let alone two!
Well.. If you ever adopt Rag OCD Mart then you will need themImage, the procedure is this>> remove a rag that you will find folded up in the rag cupboard/storage facility, wipe any surface with it, or you hands or even car body work, then place it in the white cabinet on the left, switch on and when you hear a bleep put it in the right cabinet.. when that bleeps.. remove it, fold it, and put it back in the rag cupboard, the result should be as such>>
>>
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Martin

they are things one finds in one's staff quarters.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

RAP72 wrote:
Martin

they are things one finds in one's staff quarters.
Expains why I've not seen them then :lol:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Grant wrote:
colin7673 wrote: Can I also add it's making those that don't have this type of space really envious
Colin, When I was a kid, I went to a place with my parents, it must of been a friend of my Dads, it was big land with a house and a barn, I remembered opening the barn and in there was an old dusty car in there, I knew at the time it was not the normal sort of set up we all knew and lived in, and I always remembered it as being something I wanted to strive for, it was a lot of work and time to find it get it and afford, I then had to build the outbuildings.. I really love it here but am surrounded in work and jobs here that I now know I will never get done in my life time no matter how hard I try.. that is quite frustrating but keeps me going everyday :? .. everything needs constant maintenance and so it really is hard work having a large place with land and all the stuff you accumulate when you do have it, sometimes I wonder if I would prefer a simple life.. But I guess I wouldn't have it any other wayImage.. If you don't hear from me for a while on here, I'm probably collapsed up the top corner never to be seen again!!Image

It's not that Grant, when we moved to this house I had four garages. Double and double length.
But over the years it has gone down to one...

You know the saying, 'happy wife, happy life' :roll:
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Grant

Post by Grant »

colin7673 wrote:It's not that Grant, when we moved to this house I had four garages. Double and double length.

I know exactly Colin.. we had a 4 car integral garage here.. it now is a 3 bed flat with lounge and kitchen.. it houses our daughter and 2 grandkids!!.. So I am fully aware of where you are coming from :lol: .. You managed to keep 1 car space out of it.. you must be doing something more right than I was!! :lol: .. You stay safe My Ole Fruit :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

[Note by Moderator VFK44 : The posts not directly relating to restoration of FF 119/133 have now been moved to two different threads in General Discussion - "sheds and workshops" and "Machine Tools"]
Sheds: https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29953
Machine Tools: https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30690

I think the two are sufficiently different to deserve two topics.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
colin7673 wrote:It's not that Grant, when we moved to this house I had four garages. Double and double length.

I know exactly Colin.. we had a 4 car integral garage here.. it now is a 3 bed flat with lounge and kitchen.. it houses our daughter and 2 grandkids!!.. So I am fully aware of where you are coming from :lol: .. You managed to keep 1 car space out of it.. you must be doing something more right than I was!! :lol: .. You stay safe My Ole Fruit :wink:
well if that were the case my lil wifey would be bloody miserable, she would not be getting house room from car room,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
JA51ON W

Post by JA51ON W »

My interceptor has been at the paint shop for just over a year and still no closer to being painted so not the best paint shop. In this last year I’ve got most of the rebuild parts ready for fitting to the shell so turned my mind to building a new home for when it returns. Still only half way but thought I’d add some pictures after I had a chat about it with our grant today.
Attachments
C45AFC27-39E5-44D5-AAF2-D0B2E3EC4CD8.jpeg
C45AFC27-39E5-44D5-AAF2-D0B2E3EC4CD8.jpeg (143.83 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
57E1CC8D-E8CA-4710-B769-3A6DB33F7255.jpeg
57E1CC8D-E8CA-4710-B769-3A6DB33F7255.jpeg (175.91 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
SP 131/4961 (1972)
911e (1968)
Mkll interceptor 123/3960 (1971)
Mclaren MP4 12C (2013)
M3 3.0 (1993)

Return to “General Discussion”