sheds and workshops

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Tone

Re: sheds and workshops

Post by Tone »

My humble space ...
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG (112.22 KiB) Viewed 5728 times
Tony

Interceptor II /4010
Jensen Healey 5 speed /19314 (big project)
'78 CJ7 Jeep
Pajero Evolution
shaun

Post by shaun »

May I just add a note of caution to this particular thread.

A JOC member a few months back had his garage security compromised and the Convertible was removed.

I assume that those who undertook this travesty had knowledge of what they were looking for and where to find it.

Posting photos of one's excellent storage and maintenance facilities including views of other adjacent vehicles may not be the most sensible thing to do.

Just a thought.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
johnw

Post by johnw »

Grant wrote:Dion.. you my heard of a chap called Tom Scallane, he used to build/restore Jensens, in the hay-day he was converting Saloons into convertibles, a very clever man.. especially as he was also bound to a wheelchair!!.. amazing, anyway, he worked from a damp cold workshop, tin roof, concrete floor as you talked about, the working conditions ended up giving him pneumonia and ill health which killed him at a youngish age :(
What I heard which was upsetting was that Tom had been painting a car with 2 pack, then had a chest problem, yes pneumonia perhaps and was taken to hospital. Being a paraplegic he should have had special care immediately at that point, the hospital knew that but it didn't happen until after he contracted MRSA at which point I guess they got embarrassed that things had got a lot worse and transferred him. I don't think he would want anyone to stop working on a Jensen in a tin hut! Tom was a top bloke, a great personality and always had some gorgeous woman with him! As you say Grant good ventilation and a sheltered open space to work has its benefits, especially sanding, welding etc. Our cars were made by hand and a skilled hand and eye goes a long way, we have to make do with what we are given in that department! :D Keep getting grease on those spanners, tin hut or palace!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

I remember seeing a convertible a few years ago which the owner said had previously been Tom's. There were numerous scuff marks on the side which he said were caused by the wheelchair!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Restoration of FF 119/133

Post by VFK44 »

Grant wrote: why don't we post any further stuff in the Man Cave Thread
Was just about to do something like that, with my Moderator hat on, but I can't find the "Man Cave" thread - could you point it out / give me the name?

BTW Grant, I love the window in your garage: was the last occupant a Hobbit?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

VFK44 wrote:BTW Grant, I love the window in your garage: was the last occupant a Hobbit?
Stephen, Hadn't you noticed the resemblance between Grant and Hobbits?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote: Grant, I love the window in your garage: was the last occupant a Hobbit?
:lol: .. I actually made that window like that Stephen, infact there are 2 windows the same along that side of the barn :wink: .. I made them all crook'ed like that because I needed them to look old and crook'ed.. I needed the building to look as though it had been there for a long time as we are on green belt land.. and.. when the planning man came he knew the building had been here for a long timeImage, yours sincerly.. Mr HobbitImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

You aint seen nothin till u see Grants pad. F all them new builds grants is all homegrown, that's why his ragtop wont ever get done :cry: :cry: :cry: :D :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote:But I can't find the "Man Cave" thread?
here you go Stephen :wink: >>> https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... p&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Machine Tools

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:That's why his ragtop wont ever get done :cry: :cry: :cry: :D :D
Image.. I hope I prove you wrong Dunc.. but the way my life seems to be everyday I'm starting to wonder myself!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

I've been sidetracked for too long over the last couple of years converting an old 4 car integral garage into a 3 bedroom flat for the daughter and 2 grand-kids, so I have managed to find time to get outside to the barn now and to start unpacking parcels and clearing up what has mounted up out there over that time, I still have plenty of clearing up to doImage before I can install my ramp and begin getting back on where I left offImage.
The mahogany benching that I took out of a school science lab is now clear, a couple of weeks ago you couldn't even see any of the worktop :? .. so I thought I would take some pics of my Man Cave and post them on this old thread.. Still lots more clearing to do thoughImage
>>>>
DSC08299.JPG
DSC08299.JPG (166.97 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
DSC08300.JPG
DSC08300.JPG (182.1 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
DSC08301.JPG
DSC08301.JPG (182.56 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
DSC08303.JPG
DSC08303.JPG (177.93 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
DSC08307.JPG
DSC08307.JPG (165.82 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
DSC08310.JPG
DSC08310.JPG (143.23 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
Thats all Folks.jpg
Thats all Folks.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
DPP

Post by DPP »

Nice space Grant
I love that worktop I would have it covered in stripped down parts in no time.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Love the crackle finish on the water heater! Did that take ages to achieve or did the paint just react badly?
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Grant

Re: sheds and workshops...

Post by Grant »

DPP wrote:Nice space GrantI love that worktop I would have it covered in stripped down parts in no time.
But you'd scratch the timber finish Dave, and then we'd have this scenario >>Image
:lol: Thanks DaveImage.. it has a lovely warm feeling out there, well I feel it does.. it's homely, yes it's had plenty of things stripped down and repaired on there.. But I do like to lay a towel down 1st, normally light coloured and then you can always see everything or anything small parts that tend to fall out of orificesImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote:Love the crackle finish on the water heater! Did that take ages to achieve or did the paint just react badly?
:lol: No, it was very simple Stephen, When I was doing the little kitchen area that white plastic water heater looked so out of keeping, so I unscrewed it again & done it like that, but then.. the sockets in that bit looked wrongImage, so I done those too :lol: .. I guess I need to get out more!!
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “General Discussion”