STOLEN

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
74Ceptor

STOLEN

Post by 74Ceptor »

Stolen !
from South London between Saturday evening
and Sunday Morning 21-22 September 2019.
Chassis no:9886
Engine no: 4C12534
Reg: BTU808N

Please PM with any information
Attachments
Screenshot_20190923-183917_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190923-183917_Facebook.jpg (144.3 KiB) Viewed 7752 times
'74 Ceptor
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: STOLEN

Post by Chris_R »

This is the second Interceptor III known to have been stolen in a few weeks. I hope this is not the beginning of a worrying trend.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

So sorry to read this.
I've been in the club 17 years. And until the theft of the convertible a few weeks back, I'd never heard of one being stolen. Two in as many months.
Let's make them too hot to handle.
Surely such distinctive cars must stand out?
Grant

Post by Grant »

It's so outrageous... Why can't people leave other peoples stuff alone, what right do these f...g people think they have touching other peoples stuff!!Image.. I'm sad to hear this for you 74Ceptor!!.. We've spoken before haven't we.,regarding your dash.. remember.. and you said Calvin copied yours I think from memory?
===
Chris.. I know the convertible went missing and now 74Ceptors one,.. was there another one then aswell?
Last edited by Grant on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

thieving scumbags, need there nuts crushin,,, get pymmmie to put it on facebook he is the master
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:get pymmmie to put it on facebook he is the master
Good idea Dunc,, John probably already has, if he hasn't he will, as you say.. He's king Pin FaceBook Merchant,and Chris R I think is always on there.. please sort it out chaps for Ole Mr 74Ceptor thereImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Richie wrote:Let's make them too hot to handle.
Surely such distinctive cars must stand out?
Richie, I agree. I would be very interested in any ideas that would help make them too hot to handle. I have my own ideas but I'd like some ideas from others.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Shared on JOC FB page and around 10 other pages.

A worrying trend.

Fingers cross social media can do some good.

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

This is the second car listed as stolen in the last couple of months. Perhaps we should have a sticky post, or a section labelled STOLEN and the cars should be highlighted there for posterity or until they are recovered. As Pymmie said it might appear in a few months when they think memory has faded.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

RAP72 wrote:This is the second car listed as stolen in the last couple of months. Perhaps we should have a sticky post, or a section labelled STOLEN and the cars should be highlighted there for posterity or until they are recovered. As Pymmie said it might appear in a few months when they think memory has faded.

edit. these might be a cheap tracker if hidden.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tile-Pro-Repla ... th=1&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GregMVF4

Post by GregMVF4 »

RAP72 wrote:
RAP72 wrote:This is the second car listed as stolen in the last couple of months. Perhaps we should have a sticky post, or a section labelled STOLEN and the cars should be highlighted there for posterity or until they are recovered. As Pymmie said it might appear in a few months when they think memory has faded.

edit. these might be a cheap tracker if hidden.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tile-Pro-Repla ... th=1&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They’re only Bluetooth, Steve, so limited range. Agree that it is going to be a consideration - my other cars all have Trackers (insurance requirement), but they’re not cheap, even the passive ones. :0(
JOC Member 10876

Currently own:
SIII Mk4 Nevis Blue Interceptor. 2018 E63S AMG Estate. 2015 Corvette C7 Z06/07. 1986 BMW 635CSi. 2006 E60 BMW M5
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

They’re only Bluetooth, Steve, so limited range. Agree that it is going to be a consideration - my other cars all have Trackers (insurance requirement), but they’re not cheap, even the passive ones. :0(

I had some of the early ones (the ones made before you could change the batteries } on my car keys and I could always track where the wife was shopping. I think for £30 it is a has a use. If it doesn't work you have only lost £30 and your car :)
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Shared 415 times

Over 32,000 individual views in a few hours

Fingers crossed

John P
Attachments
35D75DE2-56B5-4B06-BA75-3BB81F92A1A7.png
35D75DE2-56B5-4B06-BA75-3BB81F92A1A7.png (501.39 KiB) Viewed 7601 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

With out meaning to be frivolous the fact a couple have gone off recently when no thefts for many years (?) may just be the fact the Jensen in nice condition and much more valuable nowadays is finally worth the professional booster to either steal to order or stow until sold. Either way it would seem the days when you could leave your car near your fave resturant are over. Remember that you cannot always assume your alarm whatever will scare off an amateur he maybe a professional and if he wants your car........it's gone... and he will know there maybe a tracker which can be turned off because he knows where to look and your baby will be repainted in 24 hours and the numbers changed.......maybe already in a crate to China. I hope i am wrong (I seldom am) but have a weep, claim insurance think about the next car....if you can still get insurance, and move on with your life because life really is too short to fret for long over a car. So far in Australia I have not heard of any being stolen. Last week I did something I swore never to do. I pulled off into a supermarket car park on the way home to get some things. I came out and found the front passenger side bumper pushed back creasing the wheel arch AND some C....t had dented the passenger rear panel. Not really worth going through insurance with high excess so a 1K+ bill for the groceries. Kenny38 8)
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

Recently I had to break into my car becuase the door lock mechanism failed. I had to put my arm through the softtop on the P/S and with a bit of wire move the interior lock which took several minutes of fiddling. I did this in a busy high street early evening with loads of people about. I then once in to the P/S had to shift over to the D/S to start the car and drive away.

Not one person challenged me!

A car alarm is pointless unless you can hear it and investigate yourself.
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

Return to “General Discussion”