This morning, the police...

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Per

Re: This morning, the police...

Post by Per »

VFK44 wrote:A friend of ours is hoping to apply for Swiss citizenship soon, and is terrified of transgressing the "rules".

Apparently reasons for refusing citizenship have included wearing sports gear at inappropriate times (i.e. when not actually playing sports), not knowing how to thicken a fondue, and flushing the toilet at the wrong time. As for speaking German in a French-speaking canton...

It's a lot easier if you are already Swiss.
Ooohh, you will love the 70'ies film "Der Schweizermacher" about an Italian family applying for Swiss citizenship :D
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Steve Payne wrote:I was told a couple of years ago of some odd Swiss rules, no cutting grass on a Sunday and not aloud to make noise with rubish also on a Sunday. Are the Swiss very religious or don't like being disturbed?

Good job we don't have the cutting grass one here or we would all have lawns 6 foot tall. :shock:

Steve
I‘m absolutely shocked that anybody would even consider mowing their lawn on Sunday. You don‘t make noise on Sunday where people live, period. I must say that we have opened up somewhat in the last 40 years, much to my dismay :D Great film tip Per :D ... and interesting musings on philistinism.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

So you dont know the delights of ruining your neighbors quiet Sunday afternoon with the noise and exhaust fumes of a badly tuned lawn mower ? Do it dressed as a tennis player for added irritance :lol: ..and still the Porsche leaks oil...
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

So I visited a construction of ours last week in the C-V8 and parked in the brand new garage. And I thought I had better tell the manager of the construction company that it is only cooling water which I was losing. Because if you show up in a Jensen these things don’t go unnoticed and I don‘t want trouble. Then I checked the other parking spaces and came to the conclusion that A. there were an awful lot of old cars being parked there (unlikely), or B. that newer cars also seem to lose quite a bit of oil...

If you do ever get the chance to visit us, and I hope you do, I will send you out on a Sunday with the lawnmower and you can see for yourself :D No wonder people sometimes have a tough time when they move here from other countries :shock: I had assumed that these customs were universal (they should be)
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

This reminds me of the time I repaired the horns on the FF. I eventually got them sounding right. I then decided to tackle the air horns. After a few hours of testing both town and country were loud and proud. Only then could I hear my neighbor shouting "shut up!". Later that Sunday he apologized for his conduct and I accepted his apology as he did work nights and had an early start that Monday :shock:
johnw

Post by johnw »

I got the Police called out about me for quietly hand shovelling some gravel out of a wheel barrow while doing a bit of landscaping in the garden. It was either after 8PM or on a Sunday. The 2 armed Police said they had been watching me for the last 5 minutes, and although the noise wasn't actually excessive, perhaps I would like to stop until the next day as I was clearly upsetting a neighbour and it wasn't the done thing. :shock: They were very pleasant about it. There are WohnGewerbe zones, live work areas, which have different rules on noise.

I have just bought a new 2KW angle grinder. I can happily use that AT THE RIGHT TIME knowing that I won't get complaints. It does cut both ways.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

johnw wrote:I got the Police called out about me for quietly hand shovelling some gravel out of a wheel barrow while doing a bit of landscaping in the garden. It was either after 8PM or on a Sunday. The 2 armed Police said they had been watching me for the last 5 minutes, and although the noise wasn't actually excessive, perhaps I would like to stop until the next day as I was clearly upsetting a neighbour and it wasn't the done thing. :shock: They were very pleasant about it. ..
.... they probably thought you were digging a shallow grave.... :shock:
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

johnw wrote: I have just bought a new 2KW angle grinder. .... It does cut both ways.
Do you need special discs for that? :roll:
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “General Discussion”