The Jensen Owners' Club A technical and discussion forum for all Jensen enthusiasts It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:14 pm

General Discussion

Wraps

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.

by BritArms » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:10 am

So just ame back from Monterey car week..And seams all the high end exotics are now having the body wraps..Whats your thoughts on this..Anyone seen a Interceptor wrapped ?
BritArms

by johnw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am

BritArms wrote:So just ame back from Monterey car week..And seams all the high end exotics are now having the body wraps..Whats your thoughts on this..Anyone seen a Interceptor wrapped ?

FFs have been wrapped for a colour change for a couple of years, also stripes have been put on other Jensens for fun etc. The wrapping was done in these cases to look like a normal paint job, so most people didn't know. I might do mine. A Union Jack on the roof, some stripes, etc. Great if you are doing a rally, if you have kids, if you are still a kid, if you are doing a youtube vid [insert funny hand sign emoji].

I have been thinking about wrapping pre war aluminium bodies instead of painting them, straight on the aluminium. Durability, simplicity, less sanding, no over spray or masking. Hopefully kinder to the aluminium.
--
John Wild
johnw

by felixkk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am

Felix Kistler C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
"You Secret Little Monkey"
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland
felixkk

Return to General Discussion