electric motor to turn fans on stuffed

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
kenny38

electric motor to turn fans on stuffed

Post by kenny38 »

My electric fan thingy for turning the fans on has failed. A service man attended and connected up the fans directly. This has made the temp gauge go to around a third.
However, some people say that this is wrong working with fans constantly on does not allow correct temp of engine. I have recently driven at a constant 110KMP in 25 degrees for an hour and gauge never went anywhere near halfway. What do you think? Will I get to Heaven?
Kenny38 8)
BritArms

Re: electric motor to turn fans on stuffed

Post by BritArms »

I keep my fans on all the time..Never had a issue and never gets the gauge above normal..Mind you im in California. I do have a over ride On/Off switch if i need it
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

kenny38 wrote:Will I get to Heaven?
Kenny38 8)
Old campfire song:
Oh you'll never go to Heaven
In an old Ford car
'Cos an old Ford car
Won't get that far!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
kees

Post by kees »

The engine temperature is not really controlled by the fans. It is controlled by the thermostat, which should have an opening temperature of around 82°C to have the temp gauge within the two small dots or lines.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

kees wrote:The engine temperature is not really controlled by the fans. It is controlled by the thermostat, which should have an opening temperature of around 82°C to have the temp gauge within the two small dots or lines.
Kees Oudesluijs
Hi Kees, I understand why you make this statement, but all the 541 variants have an additional control to adjust the exposure of the radiator area to the flow of air through it, otherwise the engine only warms up to "normal" or above in high ambient temperatures or when going up serious hills.

Dave
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC

Return to “General Discussion”