Webasto Sunroof?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Webasto Sunroof?

Post by Chris_R »

That's probably a more realistic proposal than the Range Rover one.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Richie wrote:You gonna get it fitted to the FF Martin? :wink: :wink:
Already done it.
Not.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

A Jaguar XJ40 sunroof £50.... not too sure how the roof opening seals against the back edge though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJ40- ... SwVblc0JpT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grant

Post by Grant »

Frankoid wrote:A Jaguar XJ40 sunroof £50.... not too sure how the roof opening seals against the back edge though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJ40- ... SwVblc0JpT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Absolutely for nothing really Francis isn't it, well.. it may not be £50 if it gets more bids.. but for £50 I feel very tempted myselfImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
KaranMK2
JOC Chairman

Post by KaranMK2 »

Must admit that I am tempted too boys. I have got a Mk1 that almost entirely stripped with no headlining so ideal stage really.

Karan
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

The curvature of the new sunroof must match the curvature of the roof or it would look terrible.

The pop in ones used to get away with it as they were framed but cutting a hole in your roof and then finding it is high at the sides or middle would look horrible.

Hollandia make and aftermarket sliding sunroof. You would still need to make a new headlining though.

Headroom could be a problem, having sat in an Interceptor with a Sunroof it surprised how much lower the headlining is.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

You are right Steve. The Webasto always lowered the head-height somewhat....the glass poptop on the other hand,increased the headroom by about an inch. For a big bloke in a Mini,that was good news !
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Finally got round to filling in the Websato, I now have an old Websato going spare (and a MkII headlining..)!
Attachments
DSCN0642.JPG
DSCN0642.JPG (115.75 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
DSCN0641.JPG
DSCN0641.JPG (117.46 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
Grant

Post by Grant »

Hello Francis my Ole Fruit :P .. How is the Ash Frame?.. would you say it is good condition, or poor condition?.. Tell us more Francis please about the roof, how did you fill it in?.. do you replace the whole skin or just the HOLEImage
I'm about to remove the ash frame in my Mk2 as the screws and holes have a little rust on them and I need to paint the car soon, so I need to remove all the screws and get the countersunk part of the holes grit blasted, as we know there are about 400 odd.. well, I haven't counted, but maybe I should just fill the hole in.. not sure :? .. What say you Francis ManImage or Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Hey Grant.

No one wanted to weld in the hole because of warping so I got a whole new MkII roof panel from Jason. The whole old vinyl roof panel is off, complete with Websato. I have not looked too closely at it, but I think the Websato is in good order. I wouldn't want to put the whole roof on another car though as I took ½" off the sides to get it off. The new roof panel came with headlining still attached. This was not affected by welding and looks great :D . I am very happy with it and may keep the roof silver as this was the cars original colour, so it will end up looking like the one below. I didn't really like driving with roof open as my toupée kept flying off :lol:
Attachments
Jensen FF MkIII.jpg
Jensen FF MkIII.jpg (76.11 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

I think I remember that there was someone looking for a Webasto roof early this or last year. I have a feeling they were in Scandinavia. It might be worth doing a search to see who it was or putting it on the sales area.
hmcnd

Post by hmcnd »

We love the fabric opening roof in our FF.....it is truly wonderful
Oxymoron

Post by Oxymoron »

hmcnd wrote:We love the fabric opening roof in our FF.....it is truly wonderful
I concur!....I can cruise along at 60mph with little to no buffeting with the roof open, it transforms the car!
JOC Member 10887

Return to “General Discussion”