Newby Hall

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

Newby Hall

Post by colin7673 »

Big thanks to Chris Cawthron for putting together this gathering of Jensens’
Attachments
FA69A0A7-9130-4651-94EE-2F65C7A9E3A2.jpeg
FA69A0A7-9130-4651-94EE-2F65C7A9E3A2.jpeg (215.92 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
3B2F3BE8-D109-48DB-904F-9F0020FBC7AF.jpeg
3B2F3BE8-D109-48DB-904F-9F0020FBC7AF.jpeg (259.02 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
0CCBA66F-452E-48A4-B4EB-ECC1721B1A9A.jpeg
0CCBA66F-452E-48A4-B4EB-ECC1721B1A9A.jpeg (200.38 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
NorbertB

Re: Newby Hall

Post by NorbertB »

Why are all the Interceptors parked with an open bonnet? Do they all have pretty engine bays that have to be shown or do they all suffer from unwanted heat :) ?
Best regards and warm sunny sommerdays to all of us
Norbert
JOC member 9641
Jensen Interceptor MKIII 133/5661
Peugeot 504 B31 convertible
Mercedes R107 300SL
Daimler XJ6 S2
shaun

Post by shaun »

Norbert,
There is something certain Interceptor owners do as a matter of course irrespective of any heating issues.
Personally, I keep my bonnet down. Two reasons:-
Engine bay is not that well presented. On my list of things to do. Memo to self DO THIS
And, having a few issues keeping the bonnet locked down, do not want to disturb it. Again easy to fix if I am doing the activity above.

Seriously, people do like looking at the big lump under the bonnet. Has many comments at the show I was at on the cars this weekend about the "big lump under there"
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi there’s a JH missing between between 541R and red interceptor got there about 10ish left about 3ish
Confusing they didn’t want a full line up ?????
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

george1611 wrote:Hi there’s a JH missing between between 541R and red interceptor got there about 10ish left about 3ish
Confusing they didn’t want a full line up ?????
Please give me for not taking a photo of your car and the Blue GT that was also there, Chris has a video of the full line up but unfortunately videos can not be loaded on this platform. I decided to take some photos when the crowds had lessened to save having people blocking the cars,

There was also a White FF next to the lonely Interceptor by the tree, he not in the photo either

Had you stayed to the end your car would be in my photos,
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Thanks for reply,I wasn’t really happy with the whole day to be honest ,last year was my first meet at newby,joined a few weeks before—being up north makes it difficult to get to most meets ,but was happy to be member of club ,I’ve been on forum regular even gave some advice — shock horror- at newby I spoke to two members but only approached by one ,hope I get his name right GARBET the other I approached for some info,so didn’t feel part of the club at all ,at one point I even thought of moving the JH to the TYMC plot next to us (member of this club too)I think about 16 Jensen cars were there eventually but everyone seemed in a group under cover,there was a bit on here about attracting /keeping members ????
Geordie
Helen

Post by Helen »

I'm sorry you felt this way George as it is usually a friendly gathering and in some cases the only opportunity members get to meet up. I know I spoke to you soon after I arrived and thought you would have picked up with other people you met last year. We do try to make everyone feel welcome.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi Helen didn’t really see anybody from last year as most of the people I spoke to were JH or GT owners and as you will know there was only yourself and one GT owner there this time ? I hope you take these messages as honest observations and not whinging comments.
Geordie
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

george1611 wrote:Thanks for reply,I wasn’t really happy with the whole day to be honest ,last year was my first meet at newby,joined a few weeks before—being up north makes it difficult to get to most meets ,but was happy to be member of club ,I’ve been on forum regular even gave some advice — shock horror- at newby I spoke to two members but only approached by one ,hope I get his name right GARBET the other I approached for some info,so didn’t feel part of the club at all ,at one point I even thought of moving the JH to the TYMC plot next to us (member of this club too)I think about 16 Jensen cars were there eventually but everyone seemed in a group under cover,there was a bit on here about attracting /keeping members ????
Geordie
Geordie, I'm sorry you feel this way, I must ask did you approach anybody?

As for 'Everyone seemed in a group under cover' doesn't mean your unable to join in, in fact while people are all club together like this that would have been a perfect way to come and say 'hello'. Had you done this your experience could have been completely different.
If there's a chair free come and sit on it, your be made welcome
Others, as you saw, where happy to sit by their cars but still have a walk around to say 'hello'

The Jensens' Owners Club is a friendly club, but meeting and talking to people is a ' two way street'
george1611

Post by george1611 »

Hi when people visit their cars literally ft/inch away from you and don’t even speak ? You don’t really feel like trying to wade into a close knit group.
Anyway I’ve put this to bed and down to experience ,moving on to better days
Geordie
NorbertB

Post by NorbertB »

shaun wrote:Norbert,
There is something certain Interceptor owners do as a matter of course irrespective of any heating issues.
Personally, I keep my bonnet down. Two reasons:-
Engine bay is not that well presented. On my list of things to do. Memo to self DO THIS
And, having a few issues keeping the bonnet locked down, do not want to disturb it. Again easy to fix if I am doing the activity above.

Seriously, people do like looking at the big lump under the bonnet. Has many comments at the show I was at on the cars this weekend about the "big lump under there"

Hi Shaun,
your honest words "having a few issues keeping the bonnet locked down, do not want to disturb it. Again easy to fix..." remembered myself to fix my bonnet locking and install the rubbers i bought weeks (or mayby months) ago from Jason. So, thanks to you, from yesterday on my bonnet ist adjusted in height and closes and stays lockes down easily
The "lump" can be presented now and i will join in the cars with open bonnet ;-)
JOC member 9641
Jensen Interceptor MKIII 133/5661
Peugeot 504 B31 convertible
Mercedes R107 300SL
Daimler XJ6 S2

Return to “General Discussion”