The Interceptor name

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Kevin Birch

The Interceptor name

Post by Kevin Birch »

I was asked yesterday how Jensen came up with the Interceptor name, I'm sure I should know, but I don't. I know how the 541 and C-V8 got their names, and this leads me to think I haven't seen a thread with this topic, otherwise I would know.
Any ideas, or links to threads, as putting Interceptor in the search brings up a few posts :o
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
felixkk

Re: The Interceptor name

Post by felixkk »

I‘d have to check in which book(s) it is recounted, but it was Lord Strathcarron who suggested the name to the Jensen brothers back in the 50s- was it not?
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

felixkk wrote:I‘d have to check in which book(s) it is recounted, but it was Lord Strathcarron who suggested the name to the Jensen brothers back in the 50s- was it not?
You are quite correct Felix,, and what a great name is it
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

David Strathcarron was in the RAF during the war, which may have given him the inspiration.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

This is quite interesting..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interceptor_aircraft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Discussion”