current state of the classic car market

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Michael Richardson

current state of the classic car market

Post by Michael Richardson »

Hi All. If you look at 'cars for sale' below,you will see the talk about the sale last Sat in Norfolk. There were four Interceptors included,but,looking at the bigger picture...….go to .angliacarauctions.co.uk and have a look through the sale results. There were some really good bargains to be had,and the sensible auction house commission of 6% is well below the norm.See what takes j our fancy,Mk11 jag 2.4s stand out. Astons seem overpriced so not sold,troll through,and you may be pleasantly surprised !
Mark1Stu

Re: current state of the classic car market

Post by Mark1Stu »

Useful update Michael. Thanks.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

The Interceptors went, what I think, cheap. But really you don't know what problems there might be..
XJ soft top was cheap as well.. makes you wonder if the tide is turning.
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

Like Colin has said it all depends on the actual state of the cars as I have seen ones that look good in pictures but when I have seen them at the auction they are showing or not showing as th case may be plenty of bad bits.

Also you have to take in context the auction house. Some are known to be cheaper and others higher grade - just like 3 - 5 star hotels, all do the same but at different levels and I have learnt from personal experience that if you have a good car that you want a good price then you pick different auction houses to ones where you know the car is not 100% and you are hoping for the best. Not saying Anglia is in any particular category but I would be more likely to put mine with Barons or Silverstone than Anglia for the price I would be looking at.
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

as Clive mentions,the Silverstone Auctions sale coming up on 11th May at Heythrop Hall has some classic British Marques on offer. Of interest perhaps is Lot 409. IntIII reg No DDW1L,with interesting history. Est £60 - 70K,plus 15% comm.

Return to “General Discussion”