Ultra Low Emission Zone - London

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
johnw

Re: Ultra Low Emission Zone - London

Post by johnw »

Steve Payne wrote:I went to register my Jensen and it told me I didn't need to as it is exempt.

Very odd

Steve
Same here. First off it said it couldn't find it, then I click next and it says I don't need to register it.

Helpfully it gives you a page with your reg number saying you don't need to register it, so you can print/save it.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

I haven't tried John's way of attempting to register the car as exempt but I have received a letter from TfL addressing my query about why my car is showing as not exempt on the TfL checker, except it doesn't address the query and is a standard response. It does confirm historic vehicles are exempt, but then says that if I think the checker is wrong I should submit details of emissions and a letter from the manufacturer confirming the car meets current Euro standards for emissions, it doesn't say how I confirm the car is a historic vehicle which doesn't need to meet Euro standards for emissions. I have replied.

Edit: I just tried the registering process and did get the response John got
ULEZ.JPG
ULEZ.JPG (95.74 KiB) Viewed 4880 times
John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

I have now received a response that isn't from a robot
03-05-19 TFL ULEZ RESPONSE.JPG
03-05-19 TFL ULEZ RESPONSE.JPG (48.41 KiB) Viewed 4818 times
It makes sense, though the statement "written at the bottom of the ULEZ section" isn't written where the letter says it is, it actually appears on the ''results' page of the checker after you have gone through the checking process. VRM is Vehicle Registration Mark.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

There are good reasons to reduce certain gaseous emissions and particulates, but the idea that we are heading for some type of climate catastrophe because of increasing CO2 emissions is barmy.
There is no proof that increased CO2 concentration has caused rising temperatures. That scenario only exists in their fudged computer models.
Even the climate alarmists only reckon temperatures have risen by a tiny 0.8 Centigrade degree over the last 140 years and have been flat for the last 20 years.
The warming is all natural.
The catastrophic predictions of the last 30 years have not come true, none of them.
Still, Al Gore made a massive $300 million from his scaremongering.
A clever chap.
As for the brainwashed children, they are just gullible, ignorant, manipulated Muppets.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

There have been numerous historical warm and cold periods, I can remember when I was at school we were apparently going into the next ice age. The Romans recorded that they had periods of higher temps over Europe and there were no ICE engines then.

I am sure we are having an effect on our planet but who knows if the period of apparent global warming we are now having is just happening as it has done for the last few million years?

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Go plastic-free.
20190310_085439.jpg
20190310_085439.jpg (147.28 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

AH -

THAT is funny...

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

And on a lighter note:

(Language Warning.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grant

Post by Grant »

But What about me Plastic ToothbrushImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

AH1951 wrote:And on a lighter note:

(Language Warning.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I‘m confused as to what point you are making:

We're so self-important. So arrogant. Everybody's going to save something now. Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save the snails. And the supreme arrogance? Save the planet! Are these people kidding? Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. We're gonna save the fuckin' planet? . . . And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet in the first place. The planet is fine. The people are f'ed! Compared with the people, the planet is doin' great. It's been here over four billion years . . . The planet isn't goin' anywhere, folks. We are! We're goin' away. Pack your sh1t, we're goin' away. And we won't leave much of a trace. Thank God for that. Nothing left. Maybe a little Styrofoam. The planet will be here, and we'll be gone. Another failed mutation; another closed-end biological mistake.
George Carlin
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

The late, great George Carlin - always a different way of looking at things and funny about it too...

As an aside, when I first saw this thread I thought you lot were talking about closing down the UK Parliament.
Chris L
J-H Mk1 11327
GT 30305
Perth, Australia
Arne

Post by Arne »

AH1951 wrote:There are good reasons to reduce certain gaseous emissions and particulates, but the idea that we are heading for some type of climate catastrophe because of increasing CO2 emissions is barmy.
There is no proof that increased CO2 concentration has caused rising temperatures. That scenario only exists in their fudged computer models.
Even the climate alarmists only reckon temperatures have risen by a tiny 0.8 Centigrade degree over the last 140 years and have been flat for the last 20 years.
The warming is all natural.
The catastrophic predictions of the last 30 years have not come true, none of them.
Still, Al Gore made a massive $300 million from his scaremongering.
A clever chap.
As for the brainwashed children, they are just gullible, ignorant, manipulated Muppets.
Srory, that´s nonsense!
-> It is well proved that increasing CO2 concentration causes higher temperatures.
-> 0.8 °C increasing temperature seems few, but have a look to the alps and the glaciers, here you can see the impacts.
-> Also melting permafrost soils in arctic regions (where a lot of CO2 is stored and will set free when soil is melting) are a sign of that.
-> It is also undeniable that the increasing CO2 emission and higher temperatures went parallel over the last 100 years, so that you at least can assume a correlation.
-> All predictions of serious scientists came very close to that what happend and their predictions for the future are plausible!
-> I don´t have the impressionour kids get brainwashed etc. At least where I live, they are educated to consider things from both sides and I appreciate it when they go an the streets to demonstrate for their future.

To form an opinion it´s recomnandable to balance the pro´s and the contra´s of a theme and not to watch pseudo-scientific Youtube Videos and Donald Trump tweeds.

Arne
johnw

Post by johnw »

I do think that kids, especially in EU countries, are brought up young and impressionable, and are easily swayed one way or the other.
Grant wrote:But What about me Plastic ToothbrushImage
Don't worry Grant. DM the German version of Boots, are selling wooden toothbrushes with real bristles. Remember those, real bristles? You can have one polished up to match the centre console!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
wheel-turner

Post by wheel-turner »

I have today received a warning notice that my car has been recorded driving in the ULEZ on Wednesday the 1st of May. It states that they will not take any action this time but will issue a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) in the event of any further incursions. So it would seem you may get away with it for one day but don't take that as gospel!
This is all very well but, as I was at work in Burnley with my car in the car park outside on that day and having never driven it in London or ever likely to it is a bit worrying.
Either their equipment is faulty or, if there is a human involved they need to go to Specsavers. The only other possibility is that my licence plate has been cloned.
I have sent in a query via their website and I await the reply from TFL with interest. Any additional help or advice on this matter would be welcomed.

Gavin C
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

With your notice, did they say the model of the car or just say the number plate number?
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk

Return to “General Discussion”