Ultra Low Emission Zone - London

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
johnw

Re: Ultra Low Emission Zone - London

Post by johnw »

It is more likely that someone has cloned your number plate. Given you spend time in Lancashire, possibly it was cloned by someone local to Burnley to go on a terrorist scouting trip in London, without realising that it would draw attention. You can report it here as well.

https://www.burnley.gov.uk/node/3151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wheel-turner wrote:I have today received a warning notice that my car has been recorded driving in the ULEZ on Wednesday the 1st of May. It states that they will not take any action this time but will issue a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) in the event of any further incursions. So it would seem you may get away with it for one day but don't take that as gospel!
This is all very well but, as I was at work in Burnley with my car in the car park outside on that day and having never driven it in London or ever likely to it is a bit worrying.
Either their equipment is faulty or, if there is a human involved they need to go to Specsavers. The only other possibility is that my licence plate has been cloned.
I have sent in a query via their website and I await the reply from TFL with interest. Any additional help or advice on this matter would be welcomed.

Gavin C
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

We also received a notice a couple of weeks ago, saying we had been in the ULEZ but no action would be taken on this first occasion.
It turns out, one of our staff had driven into London, but being the weekend, believed they were not obliged to pay - the same as with the congestion charge, which is not applicable at weekends.
However, this is NOT the case with the ULEZ as the ULEZ operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
johnw

Post by johnw »

Just read the exclusion list again. This is a serious incentive to drive a classic. Otherwise £25 to pick someone up after a show (assuming you set off just before midnight and are back just afterwards. Someone living a couple of miles from the zone means they can't use a normal car or van at all, anytime, without paying up. Maybe I should get a Bedford CA Ice Cream van. Now that they have been banned from selling ice creams due to emissions, they must be going cheap. No second hand furniture pickup, without the charge, etc.
wheel-turner

Post by wheel-turner »

colin7673 wrote:With your notice, did they say the model of the car or just say the number plate number?
No just the registration number. I made clear to them the colour, make and model in my response.

Gavin C
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

„you bought WHAT, are you out of your mind?“
„an ice cream van, so that I can pick you up after the theatre“
„you are most definitely NOT going to pick me up in that horrid ice cream van... and you‘re coming along to the theatre.“ :D
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
johnw

Post by johnw »

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 20.15.02.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 20.15.02.png (313.17 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
felixkk wrote:„you bought WHAT, are you out of your mind?“
„an ice cream van, so that I can pick you up after the theatre“
„you are most definitely NOT going to pick me up in that horrid ice cream van... and you‘re coming along to the theatre.“ :D
But I thought... You said we should do more together...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 20.14.41.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 20.14.41.png (254.28 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

:D :D
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
wheel-turner

Post by wheel-turner »

wheel-turner wrote:I have today received a warning notice that my car has been recorded driving in the ULEZ on Wednesday the 1st of May. It states that they will not take any action this time but will issue a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) in the event of any further incursions. So it would seem you may get away with it for one day but don't take that as gospel!
This is all very well but, as I was at work in Burnley with my car in the car park outside on that day and having never driven it in London or ever likely to it is a bit worrying.
Either their equipment is faulty or, if there is a human involved they need to go to Specsavers. The only other possibility is that my licence plate has been cloned.
I have sent in a query via their website and I await the reply from TFL with interest. Any additional help or advice on this matter would be welcomed.

Gavin C
Would you believe it, I have now had a letter of apology from TFL saying that due to an "administrative error" the warning letter was issued to the wrong registration mark.
They have probably realised I couldn't have been there as I hadn't triggered a congestion charge zone penalty as well. Thank goodness it was a working day.
Nice to know that officialdom has a "human face" though. :D

Cheers
Gavin C
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

wheel-turner wrote: They have probably realised I couldn't have been there as I hadn't triggered a congestion charge zone penalty as well.
Oh I very much doubt they're as smart as that!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”