Somewhat unique point of view on the Interceptor

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
felixkk

Somewhat unique point of view on the Interceptor

Post by felixkk »

Checked to see if there was anything on Jay Leno‘s C-V8 and came across this article by Martin Bigg on CarBuzz: „Watch Jay Leno Drive One Of The Most Misunderstood Cars Ever“. Note: the article is on the show with the Interceptor, it is not about the C-V8!

„The Jensen Interceptor is one of the oddest cars to ever come out of Britain“ :shock:

„The quirky Jensen Interceptor is one of the most misunderstood cars to come out of Britain.“ Quirky! Misunderstood- in which way?

„it packed a Chrysler-built V8 440 engine which was unheard of at the time in England“ I guess so?! maybe?!

„It was the celebrity’s car of choice and was famously owned by Roger Moore“ Not bad...

„Its unique styling was certainly an acquired taste...“ :D :D This makes the owner of a C-V8 smile :D

„...and it was much larger and heavier than most coupes of its time...“ :roll:

„...This made it no fun to drive down narrow and twisty country roads.“ :shock: :roll:

https://carbuzz.com/news/watch-jay-leno ... -cars-ever" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin Bigg, great article. Reminds me of my homework I did in 4th grade on the way to school...
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
cannonball

Re: Somewhat unique point of view on the Interceptor

Post by cannonball »

What a knob end,

Jensen Interceptor/SP :wink:

From a 55 yr old guys perspective that first saw one on I think a brook bonds tea card or history of the motor car coin collection,

Early 70,s Simply the best looking car to be seen around this time the best exhaust note you could ever hear, a posh sounding v8 if such a thing existed,an interior to die for as a kid looking in the back of one a white SP that was parked in stoke on trent wishing I could sit in it,then to work at a transmission shop later 70,s and get to work on them go out on road tests in them as a passenger until I passed my test in 1980 then could drive them, then as soon as I could afford one I bought one never meet your heros they say well I did and he was just as good as I had imagined, just an all round great car, running right plenty of go decent handling, brakes don't inspire but do pull up you feel a bit special driving one what more could you ask for,, and they still stand up today looking great amongst this super modern looking stuff we have now,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Yes, I agree completely. And a fabulous car to drive. I wrote them a mail asking Matin Bigg to join us on this forum in this discussion. Am really not sure what there is to misunderstand about the Interceptor. It is what it is and doesn‘t pretend to be anything else- if you like it or not.

PS Knob end: „Properly, the bell-end or helmet. The purple piece exposed above Kojak's turtle-neck. Used to convey displeasure at any offending person.“ according to the urban dictionary.

Bellend: „Only Britain has been blessed with this amazing word so far, but the Gods are trying to find a way to spread it around the entire world.“

... I had to look it up, although I did understand the general gist :D

„The purple piece exposed above Kojak's turtle-neck“ :D :D
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

felixkk wrote:Yes, I agree completely. And a fabulous car to drive. I wrote them a mail asking Matin Bigg to join us on this forum in this discussion. Am really not sure what there is to misunderstand about the Interceptor. It is what it is and doesn‘t pretend to be anything else- if you like it or not.

PS Knob end: „Properly, the bell-end or helmet. The purple piece exposed above Kojak's turtle-neck. Used to convey displeasure at any offending person.“ according to the urban dictionary.

Bellend: „Only Britain has been blessed with this amazing word so far, but the Gods are trying to find a way to spread it around the entire world.“

... I had to look it up, although I did understand the general gist :D

„The purple piece exposed above Kojak's turtle-neck“ :D :D
Yes also known as the purple headed warrior :shock: :D :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
johnw

Post by johnw »

I don't think Roger Moore ever had an Interceptor, did he? There was an FF in The Saint, but he wasn't driving that.
felixkk wrote: „...This made it no fun to drive down narrow and twisty country roads.“ :shock: :roll:
The Interceptor is a very narrow car, especially the early ones without mirrors. It does well in London traffic and on narrow roads. The V8 engine sounds just amazing. Nothing, at all gets close to that sound. Whatever your dream car is, it won't sound that classy. I went to a millionaire's house in Northwood Hills (edit: it was somewhere green near Stanmore, not northwood but anyway) in the mid 90s when I had just bought my first Jensen, the cheapest FF in Classic Car weekly, dark blue, freshly T Cut by yours truly. The noise of the V8, the gravel crunching under the tyres. The woman of the house greets me, "Now that's a nice car. I know it's not an Aston Martin, what is it? What do you do for a living?" hahaha.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “General Discussion”