Hire An Interceptor via Avis

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
3.0CSL

Hire An Interceptor via Avis

Post by 3.0CSL »

Superb advert from circa 1969! And as for the girl :P l omg!
I wonder who she was and what became of this car ?

Guessing Avis bought this car new, so the Sales ledger should have its details ?
Attachments
IMG_4810.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG (115.71 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
Grant

Re: Hire An Interceptor via Avis

Post by Grant »

Thats a very early Mk2 Car, and yet in the ad they say 7 litre :? , In that pic the Rostyles already seems to be showing a few sign signs of rust.. Just what you needImage, if you bought one new and we were an anorak like most of us then I would think the only ting to do in that situation would be toImage, but .. we weren't Jensen Anoraks back then and that was what was happening, I guess what you could have done was go back to Jensens and Image
...Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

She seems to have eyes for the photographer!!
:lol:
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:Thats a very early Mk2 Car, and yet in the ad they say 7 litre :? , In that pic the Rostyles already seems to be showing a few sign signs of rust.. Just what you needImage, if you bought one new and we were an anorak like most of us then I would think the only ting to do in that situation would be toImage, but .. we weren't Jensen Anoraks back then and that was what was happening, I guess what you could have done was go back to Jensens and Image
...Image

people did go back to Jensen very often within a few months due to very poor chrome, :shock: :shock: :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

The guy in that ad looks like a sexual predator.

Obviously, an ad like that would never fly today - that’s for sure

Funny though, I never noticed how bad those wheels look until somebody pointed it out.
Last edited by RockyUSA on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
3.0CSL

Post by 3.0CSL »

I noticed the scruffy wheels etc on this car as well.

Is there a Sales Ledger that may shed some more light on the details of this car ?
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

An Avis TV ad from 1970. A Plymouth with more than 19'000mi you can keep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMp2eZ2Qiw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I won't tell you her name but I did take her out a couple of times when she was working in Sydney in the late '60's. True! It is unnerving now to realise she is an old woman today. Wouldn't get a glance from us. Old age is a regret.
The ad is VERY poor. Unless they just used any old shot. The photographer would have posed her and taken many shots. You could almost hear her saying "is this alright?"
Rocky, that man was my uncle's second best friend and batted for the other team.Kenny38 8)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:I won't tell you her name but I did take her out a couple of times when she was working in Sydney in the late '60's. True! It is unnerving now to realise she is an old woman today. Wouldn't get a glance from us. Old age is a regret.
The ad is VERY poor. Unless they just used any old shot. The photographer would have posed her and taken many shots. You could almost hear her saying "is this alright?"
Rocky, that man was my uncle's second best friend and batted for the other team.Kenny38 8)
Ha ha you are a bugger Kenny she was lookin at the camera guy thinkin he looks pleased to see me, :wink: :wink: :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION

Return to “General Discussion”