Sad Night

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Kevin Birch

Sad Night

Post by Kevin Birch »

It's a sad night tonight for me, managed to drink the last bottle of Speckled Hen from Swiss trip. Was going to keep one, as I did a bottle of the beer from the Dresden trip, to go with the car if I ever sell it. But was thirsty, and was scared the bottle may explode causing a mess of the car's history file, which these bottles have a tendency to do. Thanks to the Swiss boys for a good brew, and bringing back good memories whilst drinking it.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
colin7673
now normal...

Re: Sad Night

Post by colin7673 »

Heavens, I have still got all 6 untouched
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

colin7673 wrote:Heavens, I have still got all 6 untouched
And me, I nearly had one of them over Christmas. They are all in my beer fridge waiting and maturing.

I still have a bottle of the wine from the Sarburg trip all those years ago. It might be a vintage one day.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Steve Payne wrote:
And me, I nearly had one of them over Christmas. They are all in my beer fridge waiting and maturing.

I still have a bottle of the wine from the Sarburg trip all those years ago. It might be a vintage one day.

Steve
Steve leave it that long, it'll probably be vinegar, not vintage :D
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Steve Payne wrote: I still have a bottle of the wine from the Sarburg trip all those years ago. It might be a vintage one day.
Steve
I have one too. C-V8 bubbly!
Unless you stole yours from my wine fridge?... :lol:
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

...and I thought us Jensenites were all drinkers.

Get it down yer neck :lol:
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Martin R wrote: Unless you stole yours from my wine fridge?... :lol:
If there is one in there I might have two bottles soon :lol: :lol:

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Kevin Birch wrote:It's a sad night tonight for me, managed to drink the last bottle of Speckled Hen from Swiss trip. Was going to keep one, as I did a bottle of the beer from the Dresden trip, to go with the car if I ever sell it. But was thirsty, and was scared the bottle may explode causing a mess of the car's history file, which these bottles have a tendency to do. Thanks to the Swiss boys for a good brew, and bringing back good memories whilst drinking it.
I still have a couple if you want to come over. And when we've finished those we can head over to Andi's or Mike's house. Seriously, it was amazing to have all of you here. When we were in Mulhouse on Friday, there were two people there from the German British Classics magazine doing an article on our club. They told us that they were anticipating a bunch of rather pompous/reserved crowd and they were extremely surprised that we (all of us there) were the complete opposite. Anyway, the magazine should be out in the next few days.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Post by Mark Maniatt »

I had two bottles left from Sarburg.We opened one a few months ago.If anyone ever saw the ‘Halloween’ episode of ‘Bottom’ where Rick makes the special punch and on tasting it, Spudgun opines, “Cheeky little number!!” well, that came immediately to mind on tasting the Sarburg special.I suspect the Wing Commander is in for an ever so less than heavenly experience when he cracks open his special occasion plonk!!!
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

a wine story that always amuses me was one Stephen Fry told. a friend invited him to taste some home brew wine. when he tasted it he asked "where did you brewed it? '. The chap replied "in the shed at the bottom of the garden" to which Fry replied "doesn't travel well does it!"

Return to “General Discussion”