New TV show Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

New TV show Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars

Post by VFK44 »

New car restoration show this Wednesday night on Quest - Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars. Featuring Drew Pritchard off the excellent Salvage Hunters (antiques) show, with Paul Cowland.
Drew says: “We’ve known each other for a long time, way before we started the first series. I’ve always loved cars and asked Paul’s opinion whenever I’ve thought about buying a classic. That’s how the idea for the show came about – it’s just the two of us searching for and buying cars, as well as arguing a bit along the way. It’s how we are in real-life.”
“We’ve been very strict about keeping a cross-section of cars in the new show, different types, styles and prices."

They will NOT be featuring a Jensen on this series, as they explain:
"...a rare Jensen Interceptor that Drew and Paul were very excited about buying.
Drew explains: “We spent £25,000 to buy the Jensen because it had a fabulous history and was an ex-press car. When we got it into the workshop, it turned out to need a lot more work than we expected, so it will take longer to restore.
“It’s going to need a year to bring up to the high standards we expect, which means it won’t be in this series as it we can’t finish it in time.”
SalvageInterceptor.jpg
SalvageInterceptor.jpg (75.7 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
It looks strangely like the one that Wheeler Dealers "fixed up" some years ago!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: New TV show Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars

Post by Chris_R »

Looks like it, same colour, but the Wheeler Dealers car was "M" registration.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

its not the wheeler car, this car should be royal blue with an EA number a demo car they purchased it from me, they wanted to restore it back to blue and get the reg back from dvla, great that it wont be on the show that cuts me out to,, 8) 8) 8)
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

They are doing a VW Type 3 at some point in the series.

It will be good to see what it looks like on TV after seeing it in the flesh.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer

Return to “General Discussion”