Healey at ACA

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
timmo

Healey at ACA

Post by timmo »

Went to see this today, absolute pile of crap. If you want to compile an encyclopedia of vehicle bodges, this has it all, bird poo welding, pop rivets,filler,fibreglass and hand brush painted bodywork!!!!

What annoys me (and many others who were there) was the description mentions none of this. The'MOT' it is supposed to have is a sham, the exhaust had a hole so big you could see all the baffles in the back box through it!

A lot of people had travelled a long way to see the car, shame on you ACA!!
It has to be said, my first visit to a classic car auction didn't leave a very good impression.

Rant over, I WILL NOT be buying this one!
CV8III 112/2418
1972 Vw Type2 Westfalia Camper
1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
cannonball

Re: Healey at ACA

Post by cannonball »

I take it that's a no from you then ????????
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
timmo

Post by timmo »

I was fortunate that I only travelled about an hour to see the car, one chap had driven over 3 hours.Had the description been honest, he would never have bothered. He thanked his lucky stars he did go though,as if he had bid remotely and won, he said he would refuse to pay. I have no idea the legality of that, are the auction houses bound by distance selling legislation etc?

My search therefore continues...
CV8III 112/2418
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
NickA

Post by NickA »

As I was in that neck of the woods on Friday decided to have a look as have learnt never to trust an auctioneers description. In my opinion the car will need a lot of work to make useable and a quick check on the web confirmed the previous MOT failures for structural issues. One for the dedicated.
Nick

JOC Member 9619

Jensen Healey Mk2
Ex Interceptor MkIII 2240-9690
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Sold for £3286 inc. premiums.

John P
Attachments
JH.jpg
JH.jpg (284.1 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Due to the high values all classic cars are now fetching there is a lot of rubbish being pushed through car auctions, I suspect there is something in the small print that they can not be held responsible for the description or buyer beware.

Even at modern car auctions you are only covered for major undeclared faults, even a slipping clutch is not classified as a major fault.

There is often a reason a car is put through a car auction or it would be put up for sale in the usual places.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
timmo

Post by timmo »

I think this is very true in this case, I certainly won't be bothering with an auction again. I just hope the buyer viewed it first, it'll take an awful lot of cash to bring back that one.

The only nice thing was that it was clear the vendor loved the car, keeping it on the road for as long as they could until it became too expensive/dangerous to drive.
CV8III 112/2418
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey

Return to “General Discussion”