NEC

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
colin7673
now normal...

NEC

Post by colin7673 »

Is this OK Keith?
I found this on the NEC site http://www.thenec.co.uk/whats-on/classic-motor-show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The White Lady Returns!

2018 marks the 80th anniversary of Jensen Motors first exhibiting at the Earls Court Motor Show. A fantastic recreation of the display will be showcased on the Jensen Owners' Club stand (1-545) with two vehicles that were at that particular show including an S-type and an H-type (the car that is regarded as the first true Jensen created by the brothers Alan and Richard).

This elegant 1935 model, known as the White Lady, was exported to Canada in 1957 and used for a few years before being stored. Having recently resurfaced it will be making its only public appearance at the show before entering a full restoration, giving you an exclusive opportunity to see this unique vehicle... warts and all.

The final vehicle on the stand will be a Jensen SP, the most powerful vehicle they ever produced. Featured at the restoration show in 2015, the car has been the subject of a full nut and bolt restoration after over 20 years literally abandoned in a barn. Be sure to pay it a visit!

PS, Does anybody know if the JOC is up for any awards this year??
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Re: NEC

Post by Joerg »

What should be wrong about it?
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

BTW: The White Lady will come into the NEC under it’s own power. We made the good old car driveable again - but as all prewar Jensen the brakes are very poor.
Keith

Post by Keith »

colin7673 wrote: A fantastic recreation of the display
I can't wait to see that! A lot of work but it will be worth it! Big "Jensen" sign above the stand as well?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
johnw

Post by johnw »

Joerg wrote:BTW: The White Lady will come into the NEC under it’s own power. We made the good old car driveable again - but as all prewar Jensen the brakes are very poor.
Wow this is going to be amazing! Would be good to see some dash cam footage from in the car, get someone to video you driving on the ferry, etc. I guess the brake linings are asbestos! I have heard from other (non Jensen) pre war car owners that new brake shoes can take ages to bed in so the recommendation is not to change them unless they are worn out. Maybe these have not bedded in yet? They could have very few miles on them even if they are 50 years old. Anyway, safe journey!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

Hey guy´s keep calm.
The tires are about 70 years old and there nearly is no brake.
The engine is running smoothly and the gearbox works fine.
So I will drive it from the trailer into the exibition hall - more is not possible at present.

Joerg
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Max speed 5 mph and only with the anchor on board! 8)
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Does anybody know if the JOC is up for any awards this year??
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk

Return to “General Discussion”