Alan and Richards parents

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
nem

Alan and Richards parents

Post by nem »

Hi there,
I would be grateful if any of you could provide me with the (first)names of Alan and Richards parents, and from which town/area in Denmark they emigrated (assuming that the brothers were indeed 2nd generation immigrants)? Links or references are most welcome too.
Cheers,
Niels
Jensen-Healey II 1974 and Jensen GT 1976 project - both from Sweden
felixkk

Re: Alan and Richards parents

Post by felixkk »

The father was Frank Arthur, the mother was Annie, formerly Craven. Grandfather was George Jensen. In one of the books it says when the ancestors emigrated, I seem to recall.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

The Jensen family lived in Kingston upon Hull, Lincolnshire, as far back as 1841. George, the grandfather, was certainly born in Kingston upon Hull. His father, also George, is a bit of a puzzle, in the 1841 census his place of birth isn't given (the census didn't ask 'where born', just whether 'born in same county' or 'born in Scotland, Ireland or foreign parts', the entry for George gives 'N' for the first category and is blank for the second); in the 1851 census he is recorded as born in Lincolnshire , but in the 1861 and 1871 censuses he is recorded as born in Russia (for "where born" the 1861 census states "Russia Archangel", and the 1871 census states "Russia, naturalised"). George, senior, died in 1873 so there is nothing after the 1871 census and unfortunately nothing before 1841, though there were censuses before that date.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
nem

Post by nem »

Thank you for the information provided, Felix and John :D
Very interesting indeed and one now wonder if there is a Danish connection at all - perhaps via Wikings :oops:
If anybody else have something to add please come forward.
Cheers, Niels
Jensen-Healey II 1974 and Jensen GT 1976 project - both from Sweden
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

I suspect the answer lies with shipping, both George Jensen senior and George Jensen junior were Ship Brokers, Archangel is a port, so is Hull. It is very difficult to sort out a family tree after 200 years but I think George, the elder, had a brother called Peter, Peter's place of birth is given as Holland Amsterdam, another port. Perhaps the family went where the ships were (or even worked on a ship). What we need is a record of George senior's father, but the records don't go back that far and anyway we are probably looking for someone who wasn't born in the UK and I only have access to UK records.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334

Return to “General Discussion”