Trying to trace an Int convertible....can you help?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
regb2004

Trying to trace an Int convertible....can you help?

Post by regb2004 »

Hi. I suspect that many of you will have a similar story to this....40 years ago, I was a petrolhead teenager who had already settled on an interceptor as the car of my dreams. On my way to school each morning, I lusted after a silver or blue Interceptor III convertible which was frequently parked at the AA building at the bottom of Park Street in Bristol. Memory is a funny thing, but I recall the registration as 512 IBP. Many years ago, I checked Richard Calver's book and none of the convertibles were registered on this number so the car must have been re -registered.... I'd love to know if this car - which was so formative to my automotive growing up is still around and running..... Obviously, I don't know the chassis number... But there weren't that many of them....This convertible helped to build my Jensen passion - i'm now on my third Interceptor. Can anyone help??
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Trying to trace an Int convertible....can you help?

Post by Chris_R »

Just a small point, the registration would not have been 512 IBP but 5121 BP (reversed style West Sussex registration issued from March 1958). If that was correct, the registration is no longer on any car.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------

Return to “General Discussion”