JD CLASSICS

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Keith

Re: J D CLASSICS

Post by Keith »

Chris_R wrote: I've seen a report that he may also sue for loss of appearance fee.
Who would he sue?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Keith wrote:
Chris_R wrote: I've seen a report that he may also sue for loss of appearance fee.
Who would he sue?
He can sue the company, JD Classics. The company is still in existence unchanged and trading, run by the administrators.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Keith

Post by Keith »

Chris_R wrote:
Keith wrote:
Who would he sue?
He can sue the company, JD Classics. The company is still in existence unchanged and trading, run by the administrators.
Sue the company while it's in administration? Highly unlikely, that's what administration is, a "breathing period" in which no legal processes may be commenced against the company. There are exceptions of course, but in the case of JD Classics, the size of the debt and the complexities that the administrators are facing, Mr Button will not be suing them.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

I don't know much about company law and administration and I didn't say he was suing, I just said I'd seen a report that he might be. That report may have been hearsay or simply supposition by the journalist.
All of which is by the by. The real story is that as a result of the company's founder's actions he has left the company and the company is in administration. Reportedly the 30th most wealthy person in Essex I would imagine he still has retained much of his wealth and will not suffer too much hardship. Unlike his employees who may lose their jobs if a buyer is not found who will keep the business running.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: JD CLASSICS

Post by Chris_R »

Announced today is that JD Classics has been sold to Woodham Mortimer.
Curious set of events though.
Jean-Marc Gales (a Luxembourger, resident in Italy) leaves Lotus on 4th June 2018 and is announced on 12th June that he joins JD Classics. Replaces Derek Hood as CEO. Appointed Director of JD Classics on 23rd July 2018.
Woodham Mortimer Ltd is incorporated on 10th September 2018. Jean-Marc Gales is appointed Director of Woodham Mortimer on 10th September.
JD Classics goes into administration on 11th September 2018.
JD Classics is bought by Woodham Mortimer on 19th September.
Jean-Marc Gales is announced as Chairman and CEO of Woodham Mortimer.
I'm sure this is all above board.

Footnote: In January 2017 Jean-Marc Gales was clocked at 102mph on the A11. In January 2018 he escaped a long ban after arguing he needed to test his company's products. With 8 points already on his license, no further points were added and he was given a 30-days ban and a fine of £666. In 2014 he was caught doing 96mph on the same stretch of road.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

The fine of the Devil.
Clive Bishop

Post by Clive Bishop »

This sort of deal is regular practice as they wipe off the debts of the old company and a new company buys it for a nominal amount and off they go again....
1973 Interceptor Mk III 136/8332 - Moss Green
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 11362 - Magenta - Owned by Lindsey
1972 Jensen Healey Mk 1 10343 - Sadly too far gone and so now a donor car
1973 Jensen Healey Mk 1 12504 - Sold for potential restoration / racer
Barrie
Tupperware Extraordinaire!

Post by Barrie »

Chris_R wrote:Announced today is that JD Classics has been sold to Woodham Mortimer.
Curious set of events though.
Jean-Marc Gales (a Luxembourger, resident in Italy) leaves Lotus on 4th June 2018 and is announced on 12th June that he joins JD Classics. Replaces Derek Hood as CEO. Appointed Director of JD Classics on 23rd July 2018.
Woodham Mortimer Ltd is incorporated on 10th September 2018. Jean-Marc Gales is appointed Director of Woodham Mortimer on 10th September.
JD Classics goes into administration on 11th September 2018.
JD Classics is bought by Woodham Mortimer on 19th September.
Jean-Marc Gales is announced as Chairman and CEO of Woodham Mortimer.
I'm sure this is all above board.
Curious indeed Chris.
The dates allow the imagination to run riot.
I think the less said about this the better.
“Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people." Garrison Keillor
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

"Woodham Mortimer" is the name of a village close to Malden where JD Classics are / were based.
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC

Return to “General Discussion”