Concours Competition - Important announcement

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
kenny38

Re: hi jacked thread on concours

Post by kenny38 »

I have given this matter some considerable thought and then went for a lay down and a pill.
Down under we have each year a Peoples Choice award. I have had my car (SP) entered for 30 years and have only won it once and runner up once during that time. I have always suspected a conspiracy against me.
Some one once suggested a Concours but it would be pointless as my car is by far the bestest or perhaps very few member's cars would survive a judging. I have suggested that perhaps a prize for dirtiest car would suit. Or most totally useless car having the most money spent on reaching an unreliable condition. It would be fun and the inevitable punch ups would be enourmously entertaining adding to the week ends total enjoyment. I have also suggested flying TimSP out to show a calming influence. Kenny38 8)
johnw

Re: hi jacked thread on concours

Post by johnw »

kenny38 wrote:I have given this matter some considerable thought and then went for a lay down and a pill.
Down under we have each year a Peoples Choice award. I have had my car (SP) entered for 30 years and have only won it once and runner up once during that time. I have always suspected a conspiracy against me.
Some one once suggested a Concours but it would be pointless as my car is by far the bestest or perhaps very few member's cars would survive a judging. I have suggested that perhaps a prize for dirtiest car would suit. Or most totally useless car having the most money spent on reaching an unreliable condition. It would be fun and the inevitable punch ups would be enourmously entertaining adding to the week ends total enjoyment. I have also suggested flying TimSP out to show a calming influence. Kenny38 8)
Congratulations Kenny on the win and runner up! I won the users cup once, and a 2nd or 3rd in a concourse some 18 or 210 years ago. Quit while you are ahead is all I can do now! Hopefully my past historic achievements will be cast is gold once future new members are prevented from competing! I still do my best to dine out on my earlier victories! Someone asked me if I was going to http://concorsodeleganzavilladeste.com/event/2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Villa De Este Concourse. I had never heard of it before. Alas I am too lake to purchase even a spectator ticket, it is a total sell out, BMW sponsored, and very popular, at least according to the website.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
kees

Re: Concours Competition - Important announcement

Post by kees »

Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este is one of the greatest events in Europe in Cernobbio on the shores of Lake Como. It will be held this weekend. I have always wanted to go there, but we visit Cernobbio often in June when there is a conference going on which Anne Marie is visiting and often presenting some papers. Always just a few weeks to late for the concourse with the most stunning cars. Great place, beautiful surroundings and fantastic roads.
Kees Oudesluijs
J-H MkII, 1974
owner of a J-H since 1977
johnw

Post by johnw »

Clearly there still is a big, no, massive, general concourse following out there!

Perhaps something counter culture, but still concourse to rival this could be organised "Up North"? "Plastic Fantastic 2020", to be eligible for concourse it must have a plastic body and/or be a Jensen. Photos could be shot against a local slag heap, with orange sky, derelict winding machines in the background...

I confess I have not been up north for a while now. I do wonder if there are any beautiful dark grey slag heaps left? Have they all been remodelled now by environmentalists? Sigh.

Guaranteed first in class if the FFF100 turns up! Not that judges would be biased or anything.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

There‘s a yearly Fantastic Plastic meet (not concourse) next weekend, organized by Zwischengas. Unfortunately I can‘t get away this weekend, as much I‘d have liked to. Maybe some of us can meet up there in an upcoming year. It would also be fantastic to see a Jensen there!

Concourse: it needs somebody with your enthusiasm, John!
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
johnw

Post by johnw »

Yes it would! I know someone with some Swiss plastic. I might manage to go to that. Thanks for the tip!
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

I‘ll be there! It would be great to meet up. Michi‘s also coming with his Lotus- if you want to join us or hitch a ride with us from Zurich (I may have my wife and the boys with me).
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Awwh Johnny.You paint a great picture for the glorious plastic w/e. Orange sky/slag heaps. What about a welsh choir and a pit brass band playing only passionate music with lots of trumpet. Brings tears to the eyes just thinking about it. Anyone for Ave Marie sung in Welsh from the sun roof of a totally derelict CV8? But are there any slags left up North? Kenny38 :shock:
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:Awwh Johnny. But are there any slags left up North? Kenny38 :shock:

Have you not seen geordie shore ???????????????
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Has any thought been given to giving a certificate or level to originality. Not a competition with other cars but a comparison to the car itself to the car when delivered new from the show room. Just a thought. RacerJoe

Return to “General Discussion”