A Great Combo...

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Richie
V8 Lover

A Great Combo...

Post by Richie »

Took the car to work today. Not the most glamourous of destinations but in such circumstances, is there a better combo than an early finish commute home powered by an excessively large V8, along a clear traffic free sweeping countryside "A" road and The Who's Quadrophenia soundtrack playing.
Marvelous.
ajc9415

Re: A Great Combo...

Post by ajc9415 »

Sounds perfect to me. I was on a London commuter train....
Adrian
1974 Interceptor Mk III 2240-9415
JOC Member 9648
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

no 5.15 for you
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

That's my fave driving track! And by fluke came on just as the road ahead cleared. Great timing.
Tonyb66

Post by Tonyb66 »

Richie you were right , did exactly the same today and absolutely loved it , was supposed to be doing about 50 jobs round the house but never mind .
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Tonyb66 wrote:Richie you were right.... ,
Now those are words that I rarely hear at home!

As we've just enjoyed an unusually fine bank holiday, on the Monday I was despatched to the supermarket to fetch the days essentials - Burgers, baps and of course beer for the clichéd BBQ.

As the sun was shining, I decided to take the Jensen ... but because my driveway is shared with my neighbour who was home this meant that I would've had to move two cars out of the way of the garage as opposed to just one (first world problems eh!) and decided that was just too much of a faff for a 10 minute trip to the supermarket. But I changed my mind. And glad I did. I went the long way round and gratefully acknowledged the thumbs up from a group of lads in a Vauxhall Corsa who invited me to race, an invitation that I declined, happily cruising with my elbow resting out of the window in the appropriate (mandatory?) cruising pose enjoying the moment.

The beer was soon as chilled as I was.

Return to “General Discussion”