Wheels 2018

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: Wheels 2018

Post by Grant »

Martin R wrote:Perhaps your mum had the Simca 1000 with the rear engine? Revvy, good handling. Looked like it had a "boot" but of course it was really the "bonnet"!
You must be right MartImage.. the engine was in the back I remember it and meant to mention it on my last post, good man you :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
garyc

Post by garyc »

Hello Lawrence

No Jensens......doubt they would have got out of the field it got very muddy I think most of the cars didnt stay too long for that reason.....add the rain as well....some people were on hard standing or better positions but most of the single cars were in the muddy field

Matro Rancho.......I liked them always fancied one as my fishing car

Was it like this one Grant they got the louvres like you say

GaryC
Attachments
1963-simca-1000.jpg
1963-simca-1000.jpg (38.94 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Maybe it was a Simca 1301 Grant?
Attachments
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG (204.66 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Seem to remember Ranchos were only two wheel drive.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Image Naa.. not that one StupotImage good try though My Ole FruitImage
GazzerImageyou got it sportImage...Image
But.. its not all about you Gary you knowImage.. you try and take over this place and it grinds my gears, so for that you get aImage, some of us have been on here for a long time trying to get this thing running smoothly, .. but we always make the exception for new blood.. soImage.. just don't try to take over the place Ok, it's like a pecking order thing or like a que.. longest beard and all thatImage>>Image... join in nicely and all will be okImage
Last edited by Grant on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Mark1Stu wrote:Maybe it was a Simca 1301 Grant?

They did a 1501 special Stu,, my bro had one it actually went quite well, well i was 13 n it was 1976 :shock: :D :D :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
garyc

Post by garyc »

Grant
You shouldn't say things like that you might upset some people .................but not me I know you too well :D :D :D

Why don`t you go and make one of these :D :D :D :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeTHjpPMgU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GaryC
Grant

Post by Grant »

garyc wrote:Grant
You shouldn't say things like that you might upset some people .................but not me I know you too well :D :D :D

Why don`t you go and make one of these :D :D :D :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeTHjpPMgU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GaryC
Ok :cry: .. Right I'm on it.. but I need to go to sleep 1st Gaz and I'll get your prezzy done for you :P ... :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Trust your family to have the fast variety Dunc :lol:

Couple of tales about the Simca 1100 and Simca 1000.

My dad used a Simca 1100 as a curtesy car while his Volvo was being serviced. I was travelling with him when suddenly we went into a four wheel skid coming off a slip road. According to my dad, the pedals are much closer together than on a Volvo (he went to put the clutch in and pressed the brake pedal). Seemed a decent car - and I salute the person who restored the one in Gary's picture. A labour of love, with scarce parts supply, and little value I suspect. Good on him/her.

Now, the Simca 1000. Back in the day when our 3 girls were small (unlike me), I was on the search for a cheap 2nd car at the bottom of the depreciation curve - with the intention of my wife using it for a few years at near zero cost. Saw an advert for a Simca 1000, one of the last ones, with minimal mileage and went to take a look (as I'd just sold my wife's low mileage Renault 8 - which was big in comparison).

Thankfully, the double buggy wouldn't go in the boot of the Simca 1000 - or there may have been pictures of me squeezed in it. I remember the event as the guy who was selling it ran a toupee company. And owned one from the looks of it.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Mark1Stu wrote:Trust your family to have the fast variety Dunc :lol:

Couple of tales about the Simca 1100 and Simca 1000.

My dad used a Simca 1100 as a curtesy car while his Volvo was being serviced. I was travelling with him when suddenly we went into a four wheel skid coming off a slip road. According to my dad, the pedals are much closer together than on a Volvo (he went to put the clutch in and pressed the brake pedal). Seemed a decent car - and I salute the person who restored the one in Gary's picture. A labour of love, with scarce parts supply, and little value I suspect. Good on him/her.

Now, the Simca 1000. Back in the day when our 3 girls were small (unlike me), I was on the search for a cheap 2nd car at the bottom of the depreciation curve - with the intention of my wife using it for a few years at near zero cost. Saw an advert for a Simca 1000, one of the last ones, with minimal mileage and went to take a look (as I'd just sold my wife's low mileage Renault 8 - which was big in comparison).

Thankfully, the double buggy wouldn't go in the boot of the Simca 1000 - or there may have been pictures of me squeezed in it. I remember the event as the guy who was selling it ran a toupee company. And owned one from the looks of it.
Yes got to be a fast version, :shock: :D :D , but the other reason i remember it so well was the beating my dad gave my brother,it was a saturday my dad and i went out to a local car auction called siverdale nr sot, the auction that all the tat went through lots of mk2 jags bringing anything from £50-£200 squids makes your eyes water now,,anyway my brother was a lazy get fresh leaving schoool went to work at a steel works and quickly became a pi55head with the other workers and days off were spent lazin round in bed recovering so my dad had left him strict instructions to wash the 4 door saloon 1501 special it was in a torquiose blue similar to a Jensen colour, when we returned my dad went beserk my brother had washed the car using the green scouring side of a sponge the type you clean pans with because he thought it would clean the car better/easier ,so it looked pretty flat as you can imagine that was all our work planned out for the rest of the weekend
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Some great cars in those picture, but that green mustang is only a mustang by body, their a hidden secret underneath. :shock:
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk

Return to “General Discussion”