Practical classics Restoration Show

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
timmo

Practical classics Restoration Show

Post by timmo »

I don't make a habit of whinging about stuff, but I think it is about time.
1. Why have the Nec car park prices been increased to such an extent it is almost the same as the show entry ticket? Especially as there is no choice but to park there.( I live in Suffolk).
2. Vendors asking stupid prices for stuff. I went to vw show last week where I enquired about an item( I won't say what it was as he may be listening). It was £85( I didn't but it). Imagine my surprise when the same guy was at the nec on sunday so I asked him the price of the same item. It had now become £125. I definatley didn't buy it and wouldn't out of principle.
Another item I found was a nice JOC Owners club badge(the badge bar one). I asked the guy the price which was £40. I was going to buy it, then he asked to look at back where it was £120! He reduced it to £ 70. I didn't buy it.
Do they ever manage to sell anything at these large shows?

On a more positive note, the nec food is great and reasonably priced!

By the way, I did buy something..... 4 large bungees for a fiver
CV8III 112/2418
1972 Vw Type2 Westfalia Camper
1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
Arcnewal

Re: Practical classics Restoration Show

Post by Arcnewal »

timmo wrote:2. Vendors asking stupid prices for stuff.
This really annoys me. The idea of buying something from a vendor at a show or an autojumble is to get some sort of a deal, surely? I was at the NEC in November and a vendor was selling 1:43 scale Interceptor models made by Oxford for £28.99, yet when Oxford were selling them I’m sure they were around £20.00. He wasn’t the only vendor there either that was doing that which is really annoying, as it is nice going somewhere and physically buying something but if it’s cheaper online, why would you?
JHV8

Post by JHV8 »

If parking and prices for entry is expensive imagine how much they fleece the "vendors" to set up stall. They are probably just passing the cost on. It's the venue organisers you should be angry with they are making a fortune.
16 valves but 4 extra pistons.

Rob d'Eca
JH-V8 - 13296
JOC No. 8081

https://www.printwell.london/deca/

timmo

Post by timmo »

The vendors do have a choice whether to attend of course, as we do. I do wonder whether it was just me or there were less vendors this year and more club stands. The thing is, you're usual enthusiast knows the reasonable price for items. Surely it is better to make a smaller profit than no profit at all?
CV8III 112/2418
1972 Vw Type2 Westfalia Camper
1964 Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special
1973 Mk1 Jensen-Healey
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

Hi i agree about the prices.....they are often high. FYI re parking I park at the Station car park, much cheaper..I paid £9 for most of the day.
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )

Return to “General Discussion”