Worlds Fastest Jensen Help Wanted

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Ian Northeast

Worlds Fastest Jensen Help Wanted

Post by Ian Northeast »

Hi all,
Sorry I've been a little quiet lately, if you have a look at my website http://www.worldsfastestjensen.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can see how we're getting on and what we've been up to recently.
I have also been forced to launch my own 'go fund me' page https://www.gofundme.com/worldsfastestjensen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would be really grateful if i could use this forum to try and spread the word as far and wide as possible.
So, if anyone out there could help either directly or by spreading the word I would be eternally grateful.

Ian
Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Martin R

Re: Worlds Fastest Jensen Help Wanted

Post by Martin R »

Great Idea Ian!!
I'll also share on my own Facebook page and hopefully, many car enthusiasts and other friends might support too :)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Unfortunately, I have tried several times to donate but it doesn't accept my card payment :evil:
I click on make payment, but it returns to the same age, with no hint as to what the problem might be...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Martin R wrote:Unfortunately, I have tried several times to donate but it doesn't accept my card payment :evil:
I click on make payment, but it returns to the same age, with no hint as to what the problem might be...
Cookies enabled?
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I'm not sure what's going on but will try again and also try a different browser if necessary...
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I tried using Chrome instead of Safari and it showed me a message saying my card wouldn't work.
I've now used a different card :)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Ian Northeast

Post by Ian Northeast »

Martin, you are an absolute superstar!
Thank you so much for your help and for persevering when the technology got in the way.
This week has seen a momentous move on the car, once the roll cage is in and complete I am then committed to going this year.
The plan is once the cage is finished we will get the engine installed and tuned as soon as possible in readiness for the Pendine event in May.
I am hopeful that once the car has run at speed more sponsors may be encouraged to help us and the final few bits we need can be cleared.
Thank you again Martin, it is very difficult to put into words exactly how much it means to us all.

Ian
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

once the roll cage is in
On a more sober note, are your insurers ok with you driving the car on the road with the mods you are making? Fitting a roll cage often invalidates the insurance. If you contact them, you might even persuade them to sponsor you!
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Ian Northeast

Post by Ian Northeast »

A fair point about the insurance.
I am in the 'fortunate' position of having a trade policy for my cars, all part of the obscene amount of money I pay them every year.
The short answer is my insurance is sketchy at best and it is unlikely they would ever pay me a fair price for any damage to my car in the event of anything going awry. As a result I'm as happy to take the pi$$ out of them as they are out of me in the event of a claim.
Insurance for the event is proving a lot harder to track down than you would think, currently I have received precisely 1 quote which for 1 weeks cover is massive. For some reason all other insurance companies are not interested in any form of cover at all!

On a slightly different note I send out 'regular' updates to my subscribers, would there be an audience for me to post the updates on these pages?

Ian
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Ian Northeast wrote: On a slightly different note I send out 'regular' updates to my subscribers, would there be an audience for me to post the updates on these pages?
Ian
I would have thought so and, you might pick up a few more subscribers :)
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Ian Northeast

Post by Ian Northeast »

Hi all,
Less than two weeks before the Straightliners event at Pendine Sands in May I drove down to collect the car from the very skilled people that had been manufacturing my roll cage. What followed was six very frantic days where an empty shell of a car with the wrong engine and gearbox was prepared for high speed racing.
Once the car was in one piece it was then rushed up to John Sleath's workshop in Yorkshire after he expressly told me he was too busy to do anything for three weeks.
So last Friday I got up stupidly early, drove up to Doncaster, collected the car with many apologies and then drove to South Wales.
Saturday morning started equally early as we had no idea of the what, where or when. As it happens we were nicely on time and had a chance to take in the view as the tide receded.
Pre-run.JPG
Pre-run.JPG (234.4 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
We then had a few hours of timed runs over a standing start 1 mile.
We were deliberately cautious and built up speed gradually topping out at 92mph.
Unfortunately for us an experienced competitor turned up and managed to get his shed up to 100 mph.
There was an amount of mickey taking Saturday evening as I had been out paced by a shed!
run shot.JPG
run shot.JPG (184.91 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
Sunday the weather was perfect and the track was lengthened to a standing start and 1 1/2 miles.
The first run was 104 mph and our target speed of 120 mph was reached within another three runs after that.
Once the target was reached we then took the chance to add our front splitter and to try and get some experience deliberately driving in the rougher sand to build confidence.
team3 small.JPG
team3 small.JPG (327.27 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
A hugely successful weekend and excellent preparation for our trip to Bonneville in August.
Please have a look at our website http://www.worldsfastestjensen.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more images and details.

Ian
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Well done on your hard work,, but is that not stupidly slow or am I missing something you towing a caravan or something weird ?????
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Ian- Bugger!!!
I just found out I missed your talk at the Glentworth club- what a shame, I hope it went well, they are a good bunch the IMPS.

All the best mate,tim
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

One step at a time!
I see the shed every now and then around Chipping Norton - I guess the owner lives in the same area as me!
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Ian Northeast

Post by Ian Northeast »

Cannonball, driving on wet, rutted and bumpy sand is a hell of a lot harder than it looks.
There is a fair amount of drag from the surface and I couldn't put my foot down too quickly as the back wheels were spinning up in top.
The best description of the sensation would be to drive your car with loose track rod ends.
The weekend was simply my only training run before we head out to America. I was deliberately looking for the worse bits of surface to try and get used to the feeling.
If it was easy everyone would do it.

Sorry to miss you Tim, it was a good evening and the IMPS lot were very interested.

Martin I made it to Wales thanks to the generosity of people like you and am eternally grateful.

Ian

Return to “General Discussion”