Seats marked with chassis number

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
HeathW

Seats marked with chassis number

Post by HeathW »

I've read in other posts that the panels and other trim had the chassis number written in crayon on the back of them during the build at the factory.
My car is chassis 9957 and I have today seen that the rear seat bottom cushions both have 9978.
Is it possible that these would have been fitted in the factory or is it more probable that I have the interior (or at least rear seats) of car 9978?

Thanks.

Heath
Mk3 Interceptor
Keith

Re: Seats marked with chassis number

Post by Keith »

Both cars were built in August 1974 and both had tan leather. But that was 43.5 years ago and they could have been changed at any time in the car's history.

Could have been swapped over in the factory for some reason, or if both cars were at the same US supplying dealer maybe something happened there to cause the items to be swapped over.

I've seen this quite a few times but it's usually been because a trim piece has been damaged or badly worn and another (second-hand) item has been sourced.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.

Return to “General Discussion”