Window Switch/Gearbox

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Window Switch/Gearbox

Post by Grant »

I went out yesterday to get a window switch for my Transit Van, I wasn't sure the problem was the switch so went to a friends place to try his one.. when I got there the switch was the wrong one... Never mind...about thatImage I came home with a Chrysler 4 speed A833 Gearbox, clutch, bellhousing, shifter and propshaft Image.. the box is the Alloy casing one with the overdrive 4th GearImage... it has the Hemi Alloy Bellhousing and is actually the one from Bob Clevenger's SP Pirate JennyImage.. What a brilliant outing.. So glad my window switch packed up!!Image
It's so light I lifted the complete lot out of the van on my ownImage, I have a few of these gearboxs but really wanted the one with overdrive 4th gear and the alloy case is a good bonus.. the last thing you need is anymore weight in an Interceptor.. the other A833 boxs I have are cast-iron and extremely heavy, I have just rebuilt one of them that I got from Duncan a while back and have the complete conversion with clutch pedal and shifter on my bench ready to go into my Mk2 but couldn't bring myself to take it off the road as yet.. but now this is the box that will be taking it's place.. Right .. out to the Barn!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Re: Window Switch/Gearbox

Post by VFK44 »

So, Grant, you will of course get rid of the other old gearboxes now, no point in having them cluttering up the place is there? :roll: :wink: One in, one out, just like your Mk2 steering wheels...

How did Pirate Jenny's box end upon this side of the Pond? Do you know who owns her now? And is Bob still with us? I notice his website is defunct.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Grant

Re: Window Switch/Gearbox

Post by Grant »

VFK44 wrote:So, Grant, you will of course get rid of the other old gearboxes now, no point in having them cluttering up the place is there? :roll: :wink: One in, one out, just like your Mk2 steering wheels...

How did Pirate Jenny's box end upon this side of the Pond? Do you know who owns her now? And is Bob still with us? I notice his website is defunct.
Hello Stephen my Ole Fruit :wink: ... Yes Bobs car is over here now, a friend of mine has it now after bringing it over from the USA :D , I have tried talking to Bob again as we often swapped emails in the past... he has read my messages but sadly not repliedImage, so not sure how he is nowImage, I have been on his website recently though although I think the link did change.. I'll check it out again,.. Nothing leaving here Stephen I am affraidImage.. You knew that anywayImage
GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “General Discussion”