London Classic Car Show 2018

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Re: London Classic Car Show 2018

Post by Tim SP »

Sorry I missed you James, I could have utterly bored you about the S4!- I agree with you totally about the GT.
Nigel's GT (Kieser, not Mansel!) for me is without doubt the finest specimen I have ever seen & wanted to own & have seen a few over the years, my fav colour & it just sits so well, its awesome & if everyone tried this car I'd bet they would wonder why they are not worth a fortune.
I can only imagine how it goes.....
Wonderful car, it, well they all did, but many people really 'got it' & some I spoke with said what a lovely car & hadn't seen one, or it was the best they had.
Credit to our Nige!

John Segars monster...
Well I have always said that this is the CV-8 I would own,it is utterly sublime- and again like nigel's, people flocked & said it was said many times what a most beautiful handsome machine it is.
The other cars were also well received, as said, I have never seen cars photographed, filmed and generally talked about, as much as they all were, all ages also- amazing!

now how do we upload a film clip...???
Shaun was on ITV news in the Midlands of all places!! Well the car is the jewel of the Black country isn't it!

Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Great reading - well done to all involved.
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

I/we have dropped a bollock here-
Someone had family ties the weekend of the show, someone knew there was going to be a very not great display of club related & Jensen history, someone had to get all this kit, then spend all week making it display exibit relevant, then transport is all & then set it up, then spend 4 days with like minds championing this marque & club, this was Shaun- our chairman.

What great ambassadors we are, how great is our chair, that other people have to mention that he is, in fact our chairman,rather just the enthusiast that B'line's all.

So, thanks much to my mate, that is utter nails, the bloke you rely upon- oh, he just also happens to be the chairman of our club- not that he will say.
What a great team- A-Team!
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Tim,

Hear, hear.

I looked the photos from the other side of the world and thought “yup, I’d take the CV8, and the GT, or the S4”. Meh, I’d take them all”!

It’s displays like this that really put us all on the map, so to those who put it together, a big “Thank you”.

Cheers, Dino
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Tim SP wrote:Sorry I missed you James, I could have utterly bored you about the S4!-
It is impossible to bore me talking about cars in general, and Jensens in particular. Next time...
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

You've thrown down the gauntlet there James.. :lol:
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Mark1Stu wrote:You've thrown down the gauntlet there James.. :lol:
Ok, it did happen once. I was selling a Robert Mandry Scamp for £400 and a bloke from the owners' club came along to look at it and just would not leave or shut up. Seriously, five hours he was there rabbiting on and on and showing no intention of buying the bloody thing. In the end I just said: "You can have it for £100 if you are off my driveway in the next 30 seconds." And he was. So I just made sure I wasn't around when he came to pick it up. I still suspect it was a well-practised negotiation technique, but that is what you are up against - do your worst!
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

I fell for that trick too. Sold my Volvo to a guy who sucked all the air out of the environment with his constant chat (and we were outside at the time).

Towards the end, my eye lids were getting heavy, so I buckled on price :oops:
shaun

Post by shaun »

Just received this from ITV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/go2kbzv80365s ... W.mp4?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont think I'll pick up a BAFTA for it though.
Shaun Winfield

Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Thats where I'm going wrong, I don't know what I'm driving... :lol: :lol:
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Great shot of Nigel in the background cleaning his GT..

John P
Attachments
GT.jpg
GT.jpg (211.54 KiB) Viewed 3425 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 22.06.26.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 22.06.26.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 3387 times
Toby

Post by Toby »

Pymmie wrote:Great shot of Nigel in the background cleaning his GT..

John P
Is Nigel's GT Reef Blue?
1973 Interceptor III
1997 Daimler X308 Super Eight
1937 Ford Model 10 CX
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Same as mine Andy

Nevis Blue

John P
Attachments
D5233C89-1BFB-4850-AFEF-4C264CF27075.jpeg
D5233C89-1BFB-4850-AFEF-4C264CF27075.jpeg (255.24 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

Thats mega!

Yup Nige had to remove a peasant from the roof- a thing that mentioned Princess anne??
only jesting, even if was case, he is a gentleman, so would be swan like & simply flick away such creatures!!
I had to tread a little more careful when a 'fellow enthusiast' pointed out that the Interceptor (s4 nor early) was a rotten heap, then point out every little 'issue' then tell everyone that the custom interior, or the story of post 1976 wasn't real- well, that was a sad- he has a Mk111 Interceptor & is a member so he said, so thank you much- I wish Uncle Dick was there to 'correct'........

The foot fall was massive, so 1 penis, is not the end of the world- funny old game.
james- come round so I can bore you utterly, then I can give you a chinese burn to do a thing on the smashing VX490 (78 5spd)

Still no Nigel mansel to be seen ont te tin-ter-net thingy!, what a shame, it really was mega!
We spoke to so many folks, every car there & new stories & connections with them all- One chap even came back with phots of the FF he had when 18!
A chap with 2 541's owned since the King died & a chap who's dad had a manual CV-8.
Also a chap from California that had Jensen-Healey's from new, in fact he talked his folks into buying them- the also had Austin marina's -they were Austin badged in states.
he has phots of them all, along with the Interceptor he still own's.

Return to “General Discussion”