Car Tax evasion triples after paper tax disc scrapped

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Car Tax evasion triples after paper tax disc scrapped

Post by Chris_R »

Latest Government figures show that the number of unlicensed vehicles on the road has tripled since the paper tax disc was abolished
The data shows that the government potentially lost out on £107m from 755,000 unlicensed vehicles last year.
The measure was meant to have saved the Treasury £10m.
So that's gone well then. I wonder which civil servant dreamt up this great idea and if he or she is still in position!
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
cannonball

Re: Car Tax evasion triples after paper tax disc scrapped

Post by cannonball »

Come on how the f is that possible ??????????????????????? they are on you like a fly on shite and all the cop cars with that recognition system fitted it don't add up to a thick fcker like me, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

If they count the number of cars , then they have the data and I assume the registered address. Ok many will not be legit addresses, but they have names, addresses and phone records and credit card/ bank / loan account details and HRMC information and other information..all linked to the automatic ANPR systems..so the question is why are they not tackling them? After all no tax prob means no insurance, probably dont want to be found for whole host of reasons...usually strong indicator that person should be of interest to law enforcement.....................if it is just a naughty kid then they leave data footprint that the moon could pass though...
Last edited by ernie100 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Don't ask me how it's possible or how all the systems work or don't work, figures from the Department for Transport show that 1.8% of vehicles were unlicensed in 2017 compared with 0.6% on 2013. The highest rate was in the West Midlands at 2.1% and the North West at 2% and the East of England (wherever that is) the lowest rate at 0.8%. Half of the untaxed vehicles were untaxed for 2 months or less.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

There are also statistics that say 1 in 12 of all vehicles on the road are not insured so why don't they just stop all the cars on a main road and catch them?

I have a vehicle that has not MOT, it is my Kawasaki that I have no intention of using so I will get it MOT in the spring but I am sure that is a statistic somewhere.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
johnw

Post by johnw »

Could it be explained by missing SORN declarations?
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “General Discussion”