Inappropriate Classic Car Use?

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Richie
V8 Lover

Inappropriate Classic Car Use?

Post by Richie »

Like many Jensen, an indeed classic car owners, I tend to limit use of mine to treats - High days and Holidays if you like.
Having had an enjoyable Saturday which included an unexpected "free pass" from the domestic authority to watch the rugby in the pub, the following day I was looking forward to our planned Sunday Lunch out. The sun was shining so it would've been rude not to enhance a good weekend with a drive out in the car. As is so often the case however, family life dictated a change. The in laws were now coming to us.

This meant that I had to visit that most glamorous of locations...Tesco. Which, as it is near the local "Waste Transfer Station" (read rubbish tip) meant that I could take our old TV which had spectacularly expired three days previously. So, instead of a nice country restaurant, the destination was now the supermarket and the tip.

As I had been looking forward to the first drive out I the car since before Christmas, after the briefest of consultations with myself, the "Sod it - take the Jensen" motion was unanimously carried.
I made the hassle of moving two cars out of the way of the garage worth it by taking the scenic route and thoroughly enjoyed it - was kinda fun getting odd looks in the queue at the tip and had a fine chat with the owner of a delicious Alfa 4C in Tesco car park.

We then had a delicious roast beef dinner at home :D
Kevin Birch

Re: Inappropriate Classic Car Use?

Post by Kevin Birch »

I quite often get the Jensen out to nip to the shops, especially if I haven't driven it for a couple of weeks. As you say, take the scenic route, and get a few strange looks on the car park, but well worth it.
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067

Return to “General Discussion”