Demographic age of Jensen owners

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.

Demographic ownership age

20-29
2%
30-39
4%
40-49
16%
50-59
52%
60-69
19%
70-79
5%
80-89
1%
90+
1%

Total votes: 151

Robinson D

Re: Demographic age of Jensen owners

Post by Robinson D »

look on the bright side, your pension providers will be delighted :)
That they will. :evil:
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Well I'm an old worn out git now, but I was 14 when I owned my first Jensen.
43 now, so thats a long time with the marque- the light has never dimmed!
witkowski

Post by witkowski »

Perhaps there could be another survey of (1) how old we were when we first obsessed over a Jensen, and (2) the gap between getting obsessed and getting the object of our desires. For me (1) is about 23 and (2) 40 years!
DaveAK

Post by DaveAK »

I answered just in the nick of time. About to roll over in to another age bracket. :)
72 MkIII Interceptor 133/5613 (440)
71 MkIII Interceptor 133/5546 (383)
55 Nash Metropolitan
JOC Member 9777
Grant

Post by Grant »

12 when I 1st saw one (an Interceptor)Image, looked inside and thought WOW that's like an Airplane and it does 160!! :lol: .. 18yrs old when I got oneImage and have one ever since.. now 53!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Grant

Post by Grant »

Someone who is 90yrs old + has voted.. Come on own up who you are thenImage... I hope I am still driving mine at 90 years oldImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

Grant- I have the outfit ready, so are we going to tackle crime ina new, but old TV way?????
Here it is the new telly big thing......

'G & T'-they fight hard, sleep longer'- yup its a winner mate!!!!
I have my outfit ready, what motor, my VX, your Ghia/RS or an 'ceptor??
Attachments
IMG_1612.JPG
IMG_1612.JPG (81.73 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
Grant

Post by Grant »

Tim SP wrote:Grant- I have the outfit ready, so are we going to tackle crime ina new, but old TV way?????
Here it is the new telly big thing......

'G & T'-they fight hard, sleep longer'- yup its a winner mate!!!!
I have my outfit ready, what motor, my VX, your Ghia/RS or an 'ceptor??
Tim... If only you could see how much I am Laughing here.. You !!!ImageImageImage Image... If only people realised that was your real hair and you wear that blonde short crew cut wig when your out!! :P
Tim SP.JPG
Tim SP.JPG (81.73 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

Yup- its out mate now!!
I'm cracking up, knew you would get it, but imagine it- we'd make Starky & Crutch look a bit twee!

I've just e-mailed ATV, I think they are on board mate.
Me & Grant are :' New Persauders'
Grant

Post by Grant »

New Series Started ... The UN-ProffessionalsImage
Staring Tim BigCoatImage & Grant HugeNoseImage >>>
>>>
The Un-proffessionals.jpg
The Un-proffessionals.jpg (132.01 KiB) Viewed 4278 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
garyc

Post by garyc »

Grant thats not fair Tims dressed himself up to look different you just look like you do everyday.....no disguise or anything :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GaryC
Grant

Post by Grant »

garyc wrote:Grant thats not fair Tims dressed himself up to look different you just look like you do everyday.....no disguise or anything :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GaryC
ImageImage
Hang on a Minute Gaz>>>, what am I laughing at...Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Dino Fritz

Post by Dino Fritz »

Sheesh...I just turned 50 a fortnight ago...that's the first survey I've participated in that puts me in that demographic. :shock:

But I guess there's good news - I brought the Interceptor a few months after my 21st birthday, and my car is nearly as old as me and still turns heads (or maybe it's the driver, I don't know :lol: ).

Then again, maybe there are benefits - there's a local insurance company that gives benefits to the "over 50's". Kinda reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Gramdpa Simpson said "I'm old - gimme, gimme, gimme". Is that sense of entitlement beginning to creep up on me?
Jensens.........when does it ever end!
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

witkowski wrote: (2) the gap between getting obsessed and getting the object of our desires.

I got the Interceptor ( Obsessed about ) and still haven't got 'The object of my desires.' and maybe never will. :D :D
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
Tim SP

Post by Tim SP »

Grant mega!
Just chucked out last bloke from meeting- yup mega late!

Saw your last, awesome!
You know this is my real rig- are you free for the screen test?
They still want to know what car/in-conti vehicle we want to drive/be picked up in/on.

I'm thinking them gross blue 3 wheel job's- the original with a side door-

G&T episode 1- the terrorist that jumped the que at the meat counter in Asda, that turns out was deaf & wasn't a terrorist, nor was it Asda, was Aldi.

Episode 2: G&T infiltrate a terrorist left wing feminist croshet group, trapped in 1970- with hilarious consequences.

Episode 3: G&T get massively pissed up with, who they thought were Bodie & Doyle, end up in a sleazey sex club, in a peters pie special forces eating contest, naked except comedy hair & jumpers, with, obviously, hilarious consequences.

Episode 4: G&T arrest the bloke with a dodge moustache & fez in a very obvious north London/Cadiz bar- truns out is a cross dresser code named ''brenda' a lorry driver from hull, that is innocent, but slightly embarrased- the boys get a 'roasting' off Vera, their cross dressing ex-SBS Boss, who the boys idolise.

Episode 5 G&T storm a libary in north london/lebanon- they rescue everyone ( the 78 year old librarian from Hatfield) & jobs a good 'en- only 6 million quid damage & only the whole place & the librarian's elderly car destroyed-they rescue a copy of 'fly fishing' by JR Aurther- job well done- the boys got a parking ticket, with hilarious consequences.

Episode 6- season finale : G&T end up being part of a whitch hunt- a too-bob 'nere do well' police bloke, with a shite wig goes after the daring duo- they are in hiding having foiled a diamond robery in Gregs the bakers in Lewisham shopping centre/ Harrods- with, clearly, hilarious consequences.

Me & Grant are happy to sign box sets & tea towels- we are still in touch with 'normal people'

Boom- season 2-teaser-
G&T go into hiding having Infiltrated an inter-bollox cat food scam involving KFC & that daft old biddy meals on wheels thing,the one with the bird off morning telly, which leads the duo into a' international terrorist plot involving sunday supplement offers,exploding huge 1 foot boot or 10 tulip pants for a fiver that iginite when moaning about everything in the post office.Will Vera their boss cover the boys??? - on screens soon........G&T Fight hard, sleep longer- the best crime stoppers since, well everything.

Return to “General Discussion”