Demographic age of Jensen owners

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.

Demographic ownership age

20-29
2%
30-39
4%
40-49
16%
50-59
52%
60-69
19%
70-79
5%
80-89
1%
90+
1%

Total votes: 151

RAP72
V8 Lover

Demographic age of Jensen owners

Post by RAP72 »

OUCH

"No wonder that FF when I saw it back in 1970/71 ( I was 5/6 years old) made such an impression on me."

I was starting my second tour in the RAF and I joined late after working in the City :shock:
Kevin Birch

Re: Demographic age of Jensen owners

Post by Kevin Birch »

RAP72 wrote:OUCH

"No wonder that FF when I saw it back in 1970/71 ( I was 5/6 years old) made such an impression on me."

I was starting my second tour in the RAF and I joined late after working in the City :shock:
Sorry mate, but just remember," you're only as old as the person you're feeling" :D
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Revocet

Post by Revocet »

Will be interesting to see how this survey plays out. I'm now in my 50's but have been a non-stop interceptor owner since 1986 (when they were fully depreciated.........and needed work). The results may also reflect the demographic of active forum members - from what I can see on Facebook, the demographic of Gentleman's Express (1700 members focused on Interceptors) seems younger - I guess not surprising. My son (late teens, emerging petrol head, quite IT focused with an engineering degree ahead; barely bothers with Facebook let alone email) and finds the concept of an internet forum quite antiquated ! The good news is that he'll be at least 50 (touch wood) by the time he inherits the Jensen :D
SP 138/8369
JH 1143/17144
JOC 4071
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Kevin Birch wrote:
Sorry mate, but just remember," you're only as old as the person you're feeling" :D
How very politically correct of you Kevin. I usually say "you're only as old as the woman you feel".
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
slotcarone

Post by slotcarone »

I was 35 when I bought my Interceptor 31 years ago! :)
1972 Interceptor III
133-5612
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

I have put down 40 - 49 (actually 43)

Do I need to vote again has I actually look 30??
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

So you can see from this Jensen ownership will be dead in circa 20 yrs no prob as petrol guzzling will be done with by then anyway,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

cannonball wrote:So you can see from this Jensen ownership will be dead in circa 20 yrs no prob as petrol guzzling will be done with by then anyway,,

Not necessarily so. :lol:

Recently I said that I though I should sell RAP. My son said" you can't!" when I asked why he said "because it will be mine. It was your father's and now it is yours. I am next. After that it will be Duncan's" - his son - not Cannonball's :roll:
johnw

Post by johnw »

For me it was always about money vs performance. From the school playground, Top Trumps, it got to Parkers Car guide, how fast for how much, a written off Ford Fiesta 1.1L and a Ducati 250 for the speed fix for a few years, as the Ducati had amazing MPG in combination with speed. I met another student, who was into borrowing money to go faster. Credit cards, loans, free credit. I was the DIY mechanic type playing car inspector, he was the actuarial genius, and I remember us, 2 students, going to test a Montego Turbo with his £5K in a black bag, half of it was interest free period off credit cards, the other a payout from another drivers' policy + personal injury (fortunately? his Sirocco was written off in a head on by a 3.0 Capri). So two kids turn up to test this Montego in a 1.1 Fiesta that is legally drivable but covered in panel damage and obviously still a write off. He managed to get a student placement with a small merchant bank in the city that liked his car story, and cleared the credit card debt before having to sell if/when the interest kicked in (which was the original plan).

Once I got a job, a tuned E Type Jag was the cheapest way to top 150 it seemed, an XR4x4 as a run about. The Sierra XR4x4 got written off while parked, and the money paid almost half the cost of a Jensen FF which was to replace it as daily driver. I guess I was thinking along the lines of the Bavarez FF, just not so in your face with the supercharger, which would have got too much notice from the Police.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

Well, I'm in the far end of the main demographic (50-59) and there will be a lot of disappointed insurance companies if I'm dead in the next 20 years! :shock:
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
Andy Hamblin

Post by Andy Hamblin »

Robinson D wrote:Well, I'm in the far end of the main demographic (50-59) and there will be a lot of disappointed insurance companies if I'm dead in the next 20 years! :shock:
look on the bright side, your pension providers will be delighted :)
Andy Hamblin
Jensen-Healey HNX 300K
Chassis 10012
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I am in the biggest group but I have my car for 18 years and I am planning to keep until I can either no longer drive or afford to keep it on the road.

Maybe you should also put what age did you have your first Jensen?

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Kevin Birch

Post by Kevin Birch »

Eddie wrote:I have put down 40 - 49 (actually 43)

Do I need to vote again has I actually look 30??
Is that because everytime you put your car in for some bodywork, you stay with it and have a bit done too. :wink:
My Toys: Lotus Cortina MK2.RangeRover P38, Yam inflatable, Saab 9-3 Convertible.
Mk1 Interceptor, 115/3067
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I am 73 I have a 74 Drophead with a 6 Pack. My 52 is year old son who I have given the car to and it is promised to pass on to his 16 year old son who earned the rite to drive the car last week. My daughter drove it 360 miles from Maryland to North Carolina. My Grandson is in love with the roar of the herd of horses under the hood at acceleration of 80 mph on the highway. Getting the younger crowd experienceing the sounds and torque of pulling. Love it. RacerJoe
garyc

Post by garyc »

Quote ......I actually look 30
you best get on a diet Eddie you won't fit in the car for the summer at that rate......reckon you was only about 13 stone last summer :D :D :D
GaryC

Return to “General Discussion”