Demographic age of Jensen owners

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.

Demographic ownership age

20-29
2%
30-39
4%
40-49
16%
50-59
52%
60-69
19%
70-79
5%
80-89
1%
90+
1%

Total votes: 151

Grant

Re: Demographic age of Jensen owners

Post by Grant »

:shock: TimMan...Image... What the :shock: ... Absolutely brilliant and what a vivid imagination you have :? .. You should be writing this stuff for production companies!!Image ... I'm in... beats mixing liquidImage.. we need to use Bullet!!.. not happy about my false nose though.. I'll grow it I thinkImage
What times it on? ...Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Well something rather err strange killed this thread, :roll: :roll: :roll:

But the results speak the largest spectre is guys/gals born 56-66 approx. they have all seen that big glass butt and decided one day,, well done people,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

cannonball wrote:Well something rather err strange killed this thread, :roll: :roll: :roll: ,,
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Thought the same myself. Funny (sic) how some threads go completely off tangent. Must look at the time of posting to see if there is a reason. :lol:
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

That graph turns into a great Bell Curve.
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
Frank Schwartz

Post by Frank Schwartz »

I was just talking to Joe Schiavone who was advised he was the oldest member of the JOC who is still driving his car....however he told me to get on this list and advise that I am 92 years young. I renovated my Interceptor by myself. In November of 2017 I drove my Interceptor 1200 miles to and from Hilton Head South Carolina for the prestigious show there and was amazed at how much interest there was for the two JHs and my single Interceptor .
I drive my MKIII to events and will be driving the 350 miles to the Jensen East event we are having this June...and I do all my own driving..and mechanic work. At this moment I am about to install an electronic fuel injection system on the car..having just installed the Fosseway front brake calipers and am doing some repair to my muffler system.and I hate crawling about under the car...but what must be done will be done..

Regards to all
Frank Schwartz
1973 MKIII 140/5975
1973 MKIII Interceptor
140/5975
Grant

Post by Grant »

Frank Schwartz wrote:I am 92 years young.
Regards to all
Frank Schwartz
:shock: .. Frank.. please promise me this is true :shock: .. If so please accept 2 of these >>ImageImage.. If I do ever make it to that ageImage and are still crawling around under my Jensens I will always think back on this conversation and be a very proud man :wink: .. You crack on my Ole Fruit and accept my praise FrankImage... From an admirer of you.. Grant :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Frank Schwartz wrote:I was just talking to Joe Schiavone who was advised he was the oldest member of the JOC who is still driving his car....however he told me to get on this list and advise that I am 92 years young. I renovated my Interceptor by myself. In November of 2017 I drove my Interceptor 1200 miles to and from Hilton Head South Carolina for the prestigious show there and was amazed at how much interest there was for the two JHs and my single Interceptor .
I drive my MKIII to events and will be driving the 350 miles to the Jensen East event we are having this June...and I do all my own driving..and mechanic work. At this moment I am about to install an electronic fuel injection system on the car..having just installed the Fosseway front brake calipers and am doing some repair to my muffler system.and I hate crawling about under the car...but what must be done will be done..

Regards to all
Frank Schwartz
1973 MKIII 140/5975

So Frank if you are 92 years old, and Joe has been advised he is the oldest member still driving his car how old is Joe,???????????? must be something good in the water over there guys, well done to you both, :lol:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Frank Schwartz

Post by Frank Schwartz »

Sorry, but Joe is at least ten or more years younger. I'd love to say I am the youngest driving about in my Jensen, but I am, truly, surely the oldest..and, with good fortune, still active...I am a bit slower on maintenance and repairs, but still at it.....and working with my son, Mark (age 65) who is into maintenance and restorations of Jensen Healeys...Note that we are not professionals, just lovers of the marque.
Frank
1973 MKIII Interceptor
140/5975
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

My lovely wife just pointed out that even though that is a super awesome bell curve, it is probably not accurate.

The older generation, older than, say 60, probably don’t use the inter-webs as professionally as the younger generation.

So the information could be skewed.

Nevertheless I am only 54 years old and I still drive my Johnson Receptor all over the place.

Darn this voice recognition!

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
jsngold

Post by jsngold »

Yes, it was the view of the rear screen of a bright yellow Interceptor in Bristol whilst following behind in my dads car in the early seventies that did it for me. I knew then that I was going to have one, I was aged about 12 at the time. Bought my Mk1 at the age of 23 and have owned it now for 35 years. The car cost me £700, and another £700 to insure. Of course I didn’t get a quote before I bought it! Still love driving the car.
Charlie
FF1 Int1 SP TVR Chimaera Triumph Sprint 995 Triumph Trident T160 Ossa 310 MAR
Never lost just temporarily unsure of my position.
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

Frank Schwartz wrote:Sorry, but Joe is at least ten or more years younger. I'd love to say I am the youngest driving about in my Jensen, but I am, truly, surely the oldest..and, with good fortune, still active...I am a bit slower on maintenance and repairs, but still at it.....and working with my son, Mark (age 65) who is into maintenance and restorations of Jensen Healeys...Note that we are not professionals, just lovers of the marque.
Frank

Frank, having meet you, you still have 'more up and go' then members have your age. :) :) :)
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

If someone had thought to do this before February 27, I would have been in the youngest 20% of the club.
Now I am old like everyone else.
Frank Schwartz

Post by Frank Schwartz »

Jensenfolk:

While true age is a matter of numbers, I, at 92+, still think of myself as "the kid" and I am daily reminded that the face in the mirror while I shave is some old geezer, while inside is still the kid...and .. my father was right when he told me that I would have aches and pains that I never knew before and in places I never thought would be, I still labor on. My love affair with automobiles goes back to early childhood...and my passion for my Interceptor is close to thirty years now. It took me almost ten years to renovate it, working sporadically, and I finished in 2000.

Now I must buy some rubber gloves...I'm getting my hands filthy daily up under the car, mounting the external pump for the fuel injection (FiTech) and repairing the muffler hanger that was damaged crossing some railroad tracks on an an incline...but it is the labor of love and it keeps me off the streets and out of the bars, y'know.. My legs gave out a year or so ago, and I can no longer spend an evening ballroom dancing ...and everything else either leaks or quit working (me..not the car)...but I press onward, I've overcome a bout with bladder cancer, a heart valve replacement...and triple bypass, cellulitis in my leg which I almost lost, carpel tunnel syndrome operations, cataract operations, and other maladies all of which I have overcome. Only thing that has not happened to me is dying..and I don't think I will get over that one too quickly.
Regards to all,
Frank Schwartz
1973 MKIII Interceptor
140/5975
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

JamesE wrote:If someone had thought to do this before February 27, I would have been in the youngest 20% of the club.
That must clearly suck. I‘m still months and months away :|
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

JamesE wrote:If someone had thought to do this before February 27, I would have been in the youngest 20% of the club.

as the someone who thought to do this- had I waited any longer I wouldn't be in the 19% :D but in the 6% :cry:

Return to “General Discussion”