Mr Clinkard

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Mr Clinkard

Post by Grant »

In 1978 a "Mr Clinkard" was a JOC member #850 he had a MK1 Interceptor, he was based in Essex.... Would there be a record of his Interceptor chassis number in the registration Log?.. Would that be a polite favor from Darren the registration man or maybe would it be Zac who could maybe help me.. or, if not who deals with this sort of query or who would be so kind to try to help me find the chassis number if it maybe is registered on the Log?
Many thanks as always chaps :P
GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Re: Mr Clinkard

Post by John Staddon »

Grant

He is not recorded in 'the log', by which I am supposing you mean the new membership system. I can tell you he was Bryce Harben Clinkard (Lt.Cdr Rtd) and he lived near Colchester, but that's from an early JOC magazine (March 1978) which shows him in the new members section, but only says he has a 1969 Interceptor. If John Lane has his membership application form still he might be able to tell you which car it was, also ask Stuart Turner if he has a copy of his membership application form (or anything else relating to him). Interesting chap, try searching Google by name or initials and see what else he owned.

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
Grant

Post by Grant »

John Staddon wrote:Grant

He is not recorded in 'the log', by which I am supposing you mean the new membership system. I can tell you he was Bryce Harben Clinkard (Lt.Cdr Rtd) and he lived near Colchester, but that's from an early JOC magazine (March 1978) which shows him in the new members section, but only says he has a 1969 Interceptor. If John Lane has his membership application form still he might be able to tell you which car it was, also ask Stuart Turner if he has a copy of his membership application form (or anything else relating to him). Interesting chap, try searching Google by name or initials and see what else he owned.

John
Hiya John :wink: ... I did google him actually and saw he like Alvis Cars.. so do I.. they are lovely...
Thanks for the lead John.. I'll try Stupot and John Lane then :wink: .. Good Man John.. many thanks for your help sportImage.. Wishing you well :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
DaveT
JOC 541 Registrar

Post by DaveT »

Hi Grant, the gentleman in question was very well known in Alvis circles. He created some of the best known and most successful pre war Alvis racing specials (from restorable cars - now heavily frowned upon in the Alvis Owner Club). I can put you in touch with one of the Alvis "old boys" who remember him and may have some useful recollections.

Let me know what kind of information you are looking for. I doubt the Alvis people will have knowledge of the interceptor chassis number but we might unearth a photo and registration number...

Cheers

Dave
Dave Turnage
Colchester

JOC 8674
JOC 541 Registrar
541S, 100/1061
541R, 6002/387 (now in lots of pieces!)
Alvis speed 25 DHC
Grant

Post by Grant »

DaveT wrote:Hi Grant, the gentleman in question was very well known in Alvis circles. He created some of the best known and most successful pre war Alvis racing specials (from restorable cars - now heavily frowned upon in the Alvis Owner Club). I can put you in touch with one of the Alvis "old boys" who remember him and may have some useful recollections.

Let me know what kind of information you are looking for. I doubt the Alvis people will have knowledge of the interceptor chassis number but we might unearth a photo and registration number...

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave.. He sounds like he was a Bit Of a "Chap" or "Geezer" :lol: :lol: back in the day then :P , yes the reg number or chassis number would be great and picture even better for me :P .. I'll ping you my details over Dave and many thanks for your input :D
Thank-you Dave :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Mega, I remeber everything, its mega.
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

I've PM'd you Grant.

Stuart
Grant

Post by Grant »

Tim SP wrote:Mega, I remeber everything,
Can you remember the reg number Tim? :shock:
Many thanks sport :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Jorrocks

Post by Jorrocks »

Hey Grant,

If you’re interested:

http://www.unithistories.com/officers/R ... ersC2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down a bit and you’ll find him! He appears to have had an interesting war.

Eric.
1972 Interceptor MkIII (128/4886)

Return to “General Discussion”