New 1:43 Car Model

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
shaun
JOC Chairman

New 1:43 Car Model

Post by shaun »

Anybody seen or know about this?

http://www.carmodel.com/norev/270250/1- ... 976/114676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaun Winfield
Chairman
S. Bucks & Oxfordshire Area Rep
Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Re: New 1:43 Car Model

Post by schumijoe »

have recently acquired a 1/76 model of mine, green, beige/tan roof, beige/tan interior but not from this supplier
joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Looks like it has SP louvres.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
shaun
JOC Chairman

Post by shaun »

Not noticed that but the coach line must be around a "scale" inch thick. Spoils it in my opinion.
Shaun Winfield
Chairman
S. Bucks & Oxfordshire Area Rep
Mk 3 Blue
2240/9847
JOC member no. 8822
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Yup- its an SP, its even badged as such & yes does have correct amount of bonnet doo-dars.
Its very odd as not sold as SP, yet the effort went in, the first had a mock vinyl roof, but in a horrid shade & was sold unboxed via China at first, then was included in the 99p then 6.99 for 2 years B/S type of supplement thing, it was part of the GB cars, but has always been 'Interceptor' not SP despite that 3 versions of this casting, which does have big parallels to the oxford by way, Norev car is same all in blue, but is a lovely model, pity not with blk roof & red trim..........

Norev is a funny old firm, some real left field stuff, some good some crap, some mega priced & crap, some like the utterly sublime Capri 2.8injection in 1:18 scale not money & one of the best models I ever bought,and not much dollars at all- 45 notes I paid.
If only their Renault 30 had 4 opening doors!!

The norev 1:43 models are very good, just be aware the price can vary much.
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Unc Dave & me were the first Geeks, well Dave was deffo first to put the 'out of blue' invalid carrige blue car under a telescope to check a) 84, b) SP badged!!
It would seem that the factory rejects models then sells then (or a worker does!) unboxed via the obvious, well before any proper launch.
Then the 'real deal' thing appears, as said at first as part of a collection.
Then Norev re-boxed & in the blue I mentioned, many folks might have seen as assumed a Neo as similar box etc, but this is a bang on model even a must have!
Shaun is right, the line is too big, that seems an issue with the Oxfords, too small a scale.

Reminds me of Kermit, if you ever saw the '00' Int model he made (a kit sold via regalia) he even painted a coachline so was bang on to his car- amazing it was.Being a painter he must have used a single action-man's eye lash to paint it!!!
Lovely bloke.

Return to “General Discussion”