The dangers of Social Media spats - Gents. Express

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Grant

Re: The dangers of Social Media spats - Gents. Express

Post by Grant »

I have just had a read of it, It is probably me.. but I do find FB hard to follow with who's replying to what etc, and what annoys me about it is that it seems to attract characters with an extreme low level of spelling and abbreviation that then turns to swearing and load of silly unreadable screen shots, It drives me mad and I am not that perfect with spelling and grammar at all, but I do try to get it right, it seems people on FB try to write in FB lingo :P how you can read it Keith makes my mind boggle :? , it confirmed for me again that I don't wish to be part of it, it sort of reminds me of a Jeremy Kyle show, "He said Na on Face Book and me Mam m8 cuz of dat" type rubbish :twisted: ...
The owner of the business should be disgusted with himself though and I wouldn't even lend him my rusty buckled Wheel Barrow!!
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Totally agree with you David.
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

on a more humourous note....just before I deleted access to FB "Gentlemen Express"...at last I found the colour that I was searching for my Mark 111 ..the classic old english cream... :D
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

ernie100 wrote:on a more humourous note....just before I deleted access to FB "Gentlemen Express"...at last I found the colour that I was searching for my Mark 111 ..the classic old english cream... :D
What a great choice :D
376583B2-2BB2-415C-8719-1EBB4FCE502C.jpeg
376583B2-2BB2-415C-8719-1EBB4FCE502C.jpeg (275.08 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
ernie100

Post by ernie100 »

Great Eddie..it looks fantastic...just have to track down he paint code..and to see if it is an original Jensen colour
Thanks
David

Warwickshire.....
Mark 111...being restored...(An Interceptor newbie)
E Type Series 2
1957 Land Rover Series 1
Mazda MX5 Rocketeer (V6 Jaguar 3 litre )
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

ernie100 wrote:Great Eddie..it looks fantastic...just have to track down he paint code..and to see if it is an original Jensen colour
Mine is not an original Jensen colour, it’s British Leyland, Old English white.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

ernie100 wrote:I dont want my feed clogged up. He may have a valid point, we cannot tell, but he has now undermined his position with his posts... I have now deleted my access to this FB page, shame as it was a useful reference. I do hope that this forum doesnt keep going on about this as although the initial notification and first discussion useful, anymore than that will bring the forum down to the same level of general spam...
You don't need to delete access to the whole page, you can always turn off notifications for a post that you don't want to see anymore, I do that a lot. Same in the forum, it's only 1 thread among many, unlike FB which is a single stream, here you can just not bother to look at it.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Gents ,

The comments about Jeremy Kyle ring true.

In a couple of days I will delete the whole slanging

match and return to the status quo.

Harry is not the owner but the owners son.

The car in question was the blue SP that had an

under bonnet fire a few years back & also went to

the notorious restorers/trimmers in Cornwall.

It doesn’t have its SP engine & box

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
ffdave

Post by ffdave »

A lot of work to put this one back on the road, i've seen better cars scrapped or squashed!.
Sebs original box ended up with my own SP when he had the 518 fitted.
947371_381499295300846_1425522322_n.jpg
947371_381499295300846_1425522322_n.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
P1090365.JPG
P1090365.JPG (314.79 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Dave Barnett
JOC member 98
Healey V8 12070
FF1 119-027
FF1 119-151
SP 138-8698
71 Davrian Mk6
69 Davrian Mk4
67 Davrian Mk 1
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I decided to have a look at the posts but having gone back to December 20th, can't find anything that might be referred to as a "spat"... I like a good giggle! Shame I can't find it.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

I think the picture of the results of the fire has put me in the mindset to install an engine compartment fire system like I had in my race cars. Does anybody know the cause of the fire. It will help in locating locations for the fire locations for the nozzles Thanks RacerJoe
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Joe Schiavone wrote:I think the picture of the results of the fire has put me in the mindset to install an engine compartment fire system like I had in my race cars. Does anybody know the cause of the fire. It will help in locating locations for the fire locations for the nozzles Thanks RacerJoe
Thats a fuel fire under the front o/s arch right where the fuel line runs to the mech pump, so put your nozzles around the dizi/carb/fuel inlet areas, so many of these half baked so called show cars are just bull shitted up and no attention to the risk of fire when doing all the under bonnet silicone sparying on old tat fuel pipes etc,just to ponce em up for indoor shows etc,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

Thanks for that Dunc- its great to hear from years of experience, the fuel line thing is a worry.
It would be very helpful to let us know what cars maybe are in trouble, in terms of so called show cars etc, this is a genuine worry.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Tim SP wrote:Thanks for that Dunc- its great to hear from years of experience, the fuel line thing is a worry.
It would be very helpful to let us know what cars maybe are in trouble, in terms of so called show cars etc, this is a genuine worry.
Yes Tim blimey you make me feel old it is 40 yrs i have been spannering on Jensen,s one way or another so yes a lot of experience,, :shock: :roll: :wink: And yep so many show cars that underneath can be a disaster waiting to happen, just the other week i had a very nice ex joc concors winning car in for a tune up and transmission build, it had the fuel pipes replaced a few yrs ago and as i proceded to work around the engine the main rubber fuel pipe actually cracked, modern materials they just do not last so please check out the fuel pipes and fittings even if you have replaced them not to long ago, try to get the best possible materials,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

cannonball wrote: Yes Tim blimey you make me feel old it is 40 yrs i have been spannering on Jensen,s one way or another so yes a lot of experience,, :shock: :roll: :wink: And yep so many show cars that underneath can be a disaster waiting to happen, just the other week i had a very nice ex joc concors winning car in for a tune up and transmission build, it had the fuel pipes replaced a few yrs ago and as i proceded to work around the engine the main rubber fuel pipe actually cracked, modern materials they just do not last so please check out the fuel pipes and fittings even if you have replaced them not to long ago, try to get the best possible materials,
It is scary that some think originality is better than new when it comes to some parts, I was working on a car last year that had in my view dangerously cracked fuel pipes. I mentioned it to the owner and he said I would prefer to keep it original :shock: I then explained it was dangerous and what if it caught fire? He did eventually relent but wanted to keep the original pipes. They were so hard I could not even roll them up, he took them away with him inside the car.

Modern fuel pipes seems to crack after a few years, maybe it is what is in fuel these days or is it just the quality of the pipe?

I have replaced the fuel pipes on my car with PTFE with stainless steel overbraid, not cheap but will last a lot longer than standard fuel pipe. The ends need crimping on so you need to measure accurately to have them made up.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer

Return to “General Discussion”