Jensen Liquidation May 1976

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
challenger

Re: Jensen Liquidation May 1976

Post by challenger »

Tim SP wrote:As One of the founding uber geeks! The phot's were great- thanks Jim for sharing.
Its great to hear about the good old days of the factory & later times- priceless infact, I can say that most members would be thrilled to hear them, it would also make for a great magazine article, esp with phots etc, something I am happy to help with.

I have 2006 the RHD S4 Interceptor, I don't spose you recall it??
Lucky as the chap who ordered it, asked Ian to take photo's so we do have some of it being built.

Again brilliant post!
your welcome tim. sadly i dont personally recall your s4 as like i said earlier i didnt work at jensen but john page who i see regular prob would do as he was there till the very end.i like what they did with the later s4. i have an ex jensen worker turning up in the morning (peter mayle) who still uses his mk 1 interceptor pretty much every day,if he turns up in it il take some pics
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

challenger wrote:. i have an ex jensen worker turning up in the morning (peter mayle) who still uses his mk 1 interceptor pretty much every day,if he turns up in it il take some pics

Hi

As you, and a few others :wink: , may know I run the mk1 survivors site and I am pretty sure Peter Mayle is not in my contacts list and, therefore, neither may his car be on the list. When you see him could you grab the chassis number and ask him to contact me.
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Jason Lawrence at Rejen has a copy of the liquidation auction catalogue. If you speak to him nicely he may let you have a copy. He acquired it from David Millard.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

challenger wrote:
grant, i didnt work at jensen as dunc says i would of been a wee lad !! i worked with ian orford for 20yrs at the garage he ran after jensen.
Challenger, could you please say if "the rally Ian Orford" (https://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofile/8386-ian-orford/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, http://www.vcrr.eu/wp-content/uploads/2 ... LETTER.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a relative of "the Jensen Ian Orford". I will be very, very grateful for such information.
challenger

Post by challenger »

RAP72 wrote:
challenger wrote:. i have an ex jensen worker turning up in the morning (peter mayle) who still uses his mk 1 interceptor pretty much every day,if he turns up in it il take some pics

Hi

As you, and a few others :wink: , may know I run the mk1 survivors site and I am pretty sure Peter Mayle is not in my contacts list and, therefore, neither may his car be on the list. When you see him could you grab the chassis number and ask him to contact me.
here is peter mayle,s mk 1 jensen, still uses it daily and has done for yrs. chassis n0 1153297 he is pretty sure it is on the register but maybe with previous owner, quite a happy saturday morning with 2 old original jensen workers in the workshop, the other one being john page who was working with me assembling my torqueflite trans
Attachments
mk 1 jensen 2.jpg
mk 1 jensen 2.jpg (74.62 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
challenger

Post by challenger »

AndrzejS wrote:
challenger wrote:
grant, i didnt work at jensen as dunc says i would of been a wee lad !! i worked with ian orford for 20yrs at the garage he ran after jensen.
Challenger, could you please say if "the rally Ian Orford" (https://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofile/8386-ian-orford/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, http://www.vcrr.eu/wp-content/uploads/2 ... LETTER.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a relative of "the Jensen Ian Orford". I will be very, very grateful for such information.
no relation at all,ians relative is garnett orford who owns a red sp which used to belong to dave brookes from bristol area
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

Challenger thank you very, very much! I will also have an important question to Mr. Page. I would be very grateful, If you would be so kind as to pass my question to him. Could I write it via private message?
Last edited by AndrzejS on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

challenger wrote:
RAP72 wrote:

Hi

here is peter mayle,s mk 1 jensen, still uses it daily and has done for yrs. chassis n0 1153297 he is pretty sure it is on the register but maybe with previous owner, quite a happy saturday morning with 2 old original jensen workers in the workshop, the other one being john page who was working with me assembling my torqueflite trans
Thanks on the register but not updated since 2011. I will update when current household mayhem subsides. See http://www.joc.org.uk/Interceptor_Mk_1/115_3297.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

Challenger, may I ask if you have received my private message?
challenger

Post by challenger »

AndrzejS wrote:Challenger, may I ask if you have received my private message?
yes i did andrzejs, when i see john i will ask him for you
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

Thank you very much!
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

Challenger, may I also ask if Peter Mayle you mention here:
is a relative of the person about whom VFK44 wrote in this thread:

https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
?
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

The author/ad executive I referred to in the thread unfortunately died last week. The obits didn't mention a Jensen...
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

I've read about it. However, the writer died in Provence and the Peter Mayle mentioned here was staying in the Great Britain on the 14th of January. So, they may be a family or it may be a coincidence of names.
AndrzejS

Post by AndrzejS »

Challenger, excuse me for the timing of this questions, but may I ask when did Peter Mayle (the one mentioned in your posts) work for Jensen and what was his position?

Return to “General Discussion”