Thelma Smith. 1937 - 2017

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
Mark Maniatt
Lord of the Pies
Lord of the Pies

Re: Thelma Smith. 1937 - 2017

Post by Mark Maniatt »

I’ve only just seen the very sad news of Thelma’s passing.Denise and I spent many happy hours chewing the fat with Ron and Thelma over the years and they were a huge help and inspiration when some years later we began organising events on behalf of the Yorkshire Area.
Thelma is yet one more pillar of the family we call the JOC to leave us.A gentle soul who was prepared to do the hard graft that has made the club the best in the businessman.She will be very greatly missed.
Our thoughts go out to everyone’s friend,Ron.
RIP Thelma.
Mark & Denise
Jazz and Jensens.There is a God
JOC Yorkshire Area Rep
Bob Heydon

Post by Bob Heydon »

Such sad news, our sincere condolences go out to Ron.
Love and best wishes, Rob and Sallyanne Heydon
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

After spending the last 4 months overseas, I have only just caught up reading the last few JOC magazines.
Although I read of Thelma's passing on this forum, I don't think the full gravity of her passing hit me until I read the brilliant writings by Alan and Jean Smith (mag' 257) and John Lane (mag' 258) in the JOC magazines.
Very well written.
I felt totally choked reading their words and it made me realise how lucky I am to have known Thelma.
Ron must be missing her hugely.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “General Discussion”