How can this pile of junk be worth this

You can discuss anything here, Jensen related or not. Technical discussions / questions may be moved to the correct Forum.
AH1951

Re: How can this pile of junk be worth this

Post by AH1951 »

And if you are involved in an accident and have no current MOT, your insurance is automatically void.
One guy I know here is stupidly running a UK-registered car with no MOT.
Another guy had an accident in France, with no MOT, involving serious injury, and is still in prison.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I was really lucky back in around 1991, I was hoofing along in my Interceptor over a bridge that had a Dam underneath it, a wild animal was loose on the road.. it was dark and difficult to see that well, I hit this animal doing around 70mph, I had no mot in my car back then or tax, the car got repaired by the insurance company and they didn't check up on anything.. no problem, I think the repair bill from memory was around 6K, Cropredy done the work through the insurance claim... I must have had asparagus the night before!!Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

I was in the RAF with a guy in the 80's who had no insurance on his Dolomite Sprint, he had been driving like that for months. Late one night coming back from a weekend away he put it in a ditch and damaged the front end badly. With some work he managed to get it out of the ditch and limped it back to base.

The following day he took out fully comp insurance with AA and said nothing about the state of the car, a week later he had the car towed out of camp and the car was pushed into a ditch. He rung up the AA and once the car was recoverd they claimed they would fix it.

When he got it back the hole car had been resprayed and was a great job. He was always fully insured after that.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
hlequippe

Post by hlequippe »

Regarding speed limits infringement in France, the biggest problem is with points, fine are usually in the 90€ range and can be down to 45€ if paid within the few days following.

At this time UK registered cars will not receive anything following speed tickets taken from radars on side of the road all automatic. Only case is if a policeman of Gendarme stop you a few miles down the road. there is where you will have to pay. Other countries in continental Europe are not as easy as there is new automatic transfer of owner's name /Address etc as my son who had taken his grand mother Citroen DS3 discovered when he got caught at 175 kph on a dutch motorway (limited at 120 !!!) while the grand ma was in California listing my sister in law (not knowing her car had been taken obviously). I will always remember the call from her when she returned with a nice letter in dutch !!!

For me about 10 years ago, I was caught speeding at 126 on another dutch motorway, they sent me the letter which I threw away not speaking Dutch. I heard nothing of the matter until one day I was flying to a non Schengen country through Amsterdam Airport. They caught me there and I had to pay 29€ on the spot. My then boss from the US was wondering what had happened to me as we had followed different routes through customs!!
Hervé Lequippe
Paris, France
Int III 133/5767 1972 Grey/Red interior
Triumph Spitfire 1500FH 1976 White/black
Porsche 911 993 CarreraS 1997 Blue/Grey
Triumph Spitfire Works Le Mans 1964/1965 "ADU3B" (Project)
Peugeot 206 cc 2001 Silver Grey/Blue
Wilson Way

Post by Wilson Way »

This has been happening in classic circles for years, the first time i came across it my e type shell was being sprayed and when i went to the "garage" it was at
there were lots and i mean lots of l h d tr2's and 3's in various states of disrepair and i learned that this chap was shipping in lhd cars from the states and restoring them to rhd and putting on rhd vin plates from scrap shells and selling them he had a drawer full of log books what can you call that ? can you call that legal i was never sure
toys did include
1971 Volvo P1800E
1985 E30 M3 2.3
S2 E-Type Caterham MGB and virago 1100
now 128-4832 ..... ERY 445L now changed to 3030 MW
One of my favourite quotes “Quality isn't expensive, it's priceless.”

Return to “General Discussion”